A real human being and a real hero.

Have you ever done anything heroic? Stopped a robbery? Saved a life? Tell us all about it.

I sometimes put my neighbours wheelie bin out if they’ve forgotten

10 Likes

god bless you

Not all heroes wear capes.

I often do my housemates dishes, even though they would never do the same for me

Once when my sister was 5 and she jumped in a pool but couldn’t swim, I was the only one around and jumped in and dragged her out.

I just did what anyone would have done. No, no, I’m no hero. Please, stop.

6 Likes

I’m not saying I’m Batman, but I’m not saying I’m not

1 Like

…but HotBeefTrauma does?

I mow my elderly neighbors lawn weekly, that’s about it.

1 Like

thought this was the filth thread for a second

There’s a fox that hangs out on our road at about 8pm every night and I’ve started feeding it cat food.

Like I said, not not Batman

Mowing lawns is filthy? Oh you guys :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’m generally quite good at calling people out in public on Bad Behaviour, which usually attracts trouble TBF but it’s too important not to try, isn’t it?

Only when it’s winter (I & II). Capes are too hot in this weather

Rather than ‘calling them out’ on it, if possible take a video or photo them instead. (That Nassim Nicholas Taleb fella mentioned it in one of his books and the more I think about it the more convinced about it I am)

Think I’ve posted about this before but a guy fell out of a third floor window in front of me and my mate once when we were walking home from a night out. Quickest I’ve ever sobered up. His partner was understandably hysterical so I put him in the recovery position, wrapped him in my coat and held his badly broken (and now exposed) leg and arm bones in place while my pal phoned an ambulance (he was hammered and pretty fucking useless, we don’t speak now but that’s another story) which took half and hour to turn up. The police also came and took his gf away for questioning (apparently standard practice in something like this), and I had to give a statement where they told me he’d have been a goner if we hadn’t been passing. He was on crutches for a year and a half I think. Used to see him in the pub sometimes, never even bought me a pint.

4 Likes

I was in the adjacent room when someone defaced Rothko’s Black on Maroon at Tate Modern and I like to think that had I been present at the scene I would have accosted the bandit, and beat him down…in answer to your question- no.

wow

Yeah turns out he was a bit of a dick. Never help anyone is the moral of the story.

7 Likes

I did exactly the same as this. Felt like a hero tbh

1 Like