A reluctant thread about Harry Potter (in 2017) - Chat Permitted

I disagree

1 Like

Tbf Matt Groening is on the Epstein flight logs so as an individual he should be cancelled to hell

4 Likes

This is the kind of thing I was trying to get at with what I was saying yesterday :+1:

2 Likes

Saw some tweets saying this would be the day she finally alienates her fans, assumed she might’ve tweeted some all lives matter shit, but no, she’s just wading back into “legitimate concerns” about trans people stuff. Just baffling how it becomes such an obsession for some celebrities (and I assume some regular folk I’m lucky enough not to hear about), can’t fathom the psychology of it.

1 Like

It’s bizarre, isn’t it? Of all the causes someone like JK Rowling has the time and money to become invested in, she gets absolutely MEGA into the one where their whole thing is essentially based putting in mad effort to make absolutely staggering reaches of logic with the end goal of bullying a vulnerable and let’s be honest, relatively small section of society.

The thing that makes it worse is that it’s transparently an ego thing. Like with Glinner, he was basically just too petty to apologise for or even admit that an unfunny joke in The IT Crowd could be legit viewed as offensive and so basically ruined his life and career becoming obsessed with this single issue. It’s depressingly predictable to assume JK is similarly irked that the LGBT community didn’t applaud her as much as she wanted for paying lip service to the fact that Dumbledore’s gay or something – so it’s “oh, they’re oversensitive / obsessed with identity politics*”

*=a criticism made by yer anti-transes that is really funny considering that they’re the ones who are waffling on about this in the midst of everything that’s going on

5 Likes

seriously the sky is the limit when you are reconstituting yr content

3 Likes

This, basically

4 Likes

The numbers she’s getting on these tweets is horrifying.

Like what the fuck is she even trying to respond to? When has anybody ever tried to tell her sex isn’t real? She’s attributing arguments to trans people that have never ever been put forward.

Also, does she think that there’s a male gene and a female gene and everybody has either one or the other? She doesn’t appear to begin to understand what biological sex is.

2 Likes

It’s exactly the same as with Glinner, they’ll talk about “cancel culture” with zero self-awareness that they’re stupidly “cancelling” themselves and just rambling on in the weirdest echo chamber on the entire internet.

JK in a few years’ time:
“It’s the anniversary of the Battle of Hogwarts but it doesn’t seem right to bring it up when here I have some fucking random Internet Wayback Machine archived page of an article that was published on a white power blog in 2013 about how gender-neutral bathrooms are actually the embodiment of patriarchal violence”
etc

3 Likes

I’ve said before how they’re like some sort of a cult, but I dunno if anyone has linked this here before

tw for the obvious reasons, ofc

2 Likes

How dare she try to use lesbians to justify her transphobia. I am a non-binary lesbian and I stand with trans women, in fact, basically all lesbians I know are sick of this shit.

30 Likes

Tfw your real and not made up lesbian friend phones you up and yells 'fucking yes" at you

15 Likes

maybe she just hates prog rock

9 Likes

Reckons womanhood is defined by suffering, and tran women don’t know suffering, unlike she who has £650 mil in the bank. :clown_face:

10 Likes

The Wonder Woman thing is just… what? I looked at it for ages thinking I was missing something.

11 Likes

waiting for what robert galbraith has to say about all this

3 Likes

Women stop being women when they get to about 47 I guess.

Reckon there’s a whole book to be written about second wave feminists and their self-immolation at the altar of biological essentialism, a prison the first wave fought tooth and nail to escape. Why are they like this? It’d be worth writing just to get the reviews from those bastions of liberal thought these ghouls hang around in.

Sorry but this did me
https://mobile.twitter.com/AidanSmith2020/status/1269392014455365632

17 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking, I don’t menstruate at the moment because I’ve changed pills to avoid migraines, was I a woman when I was on Rigevidon but I’m not now I’m on Cerazette? Now I’ve got different hormones in my body than those present naturally, am I no longer a proper and correct biological woman?

Jks Rowerling pls advise

8 Likes