A reluctant thread about Harry Potter (in 2017) - Chat Permitted

Disagree with this, one of those unfortunate things innit, he’s too big a character to deviate that much from the books so early on.

1 Like

Would’ve been much better if Harry gave up on saving the world and just started drinking cheap cider in a park around the end of the 5th book

18 Likes

She’s fucking beautiful and a wonderful actor (despite being given nothing to do in these films). The entrance of her French girly schoolmates was one of the silliest things I’ve seen.

Rickman was dead good, agreed.

1 Like

They all (about 10 of them) used magic to turn into Harry at the beginning of one of the films (like they assumed his form) and not one of them immediately checked to see what Harry’s cock was like. Actually, the whole ability to take on the form of someone else raises questions of a sexual nature.

4 Likes

Fixed.

3 Likes

Improved every film he was ever in, like a reverse Ewan McGregor

14 Likes

i have nver seen any of these or read any of the books

what prize do i get?

Well that’s a century-old quote, so I’m going to go with: yes.

That’s 3nder for you.

1 Like

Other people who were dead good in it:

Imelda Staunton, erm thought I’d be able to remember more when I started this list…

Gary Old Man had a good hair game

Ha! Only just realised that was Gary Old Man, yeah he did a good job as well.

Here’s another thing, why the fuck didn’t Harry just beat the fuck out of that blonde kid? He was pathetic.

NNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERDS

4 Likes

I saw half an hour of one of the films over christmas. it looked really cheap and quite boring

Fuck it, do a spell on him or something then, the kid was a proper dweeb, not a chance that he’d actually be a horrible bully in school, that Irish lad would have knocked the fuck out of him

1 Like

Quite sad how none of them are going to have a good career
Actually Emma Watson might stick around but she won’t be very good

He’d get expelled for that.

They’re films for children mate, try to keep up ffs.

2 Likes

Weird how everyone’s going on about how cheap the films look. If you go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Watford, where you can look at all the props and costumes and sets close up, it’s astounding how much work went into absolutely everything. Some of the CG looks a bit dated, yep, but as it’s not as widely used as it is in certain other fantasy blockbusters, I think the films as a whole have aged pretty well.

1 Like

Radcliffe - Doing alright for himself, actually not a bad actor?
Watson - Doing alright for herself, is truly dreadful
Grint - Fuck knows
Bloke who plays Neville Longbottom - Apparently a hunky babe now? (also one of the two Indian girls they problematically paired up the whole time is well fit too)
Blondey - Yeah, doubt we’ll ever see him again
Luna Lovegood - Feel like she’s probably going to be one of those people who turns up in something in a decade’s time and is amazing

1 Like