A safe and welcoming election thread

possible wolfcastle.jpg here but she’s not, it’s a callback to the keith’s mum brexit thing

2 Likes

Pretty sure it was satire about old people voting Tory and his mums not 93

I actually met him and his missus in a pub in Colchester the other week. Sound people. Talked to me because I was sat on my own

1 Like

woosh.

Yeah, I’ve managed to miss the whole point of this whole thing. Too much election.

Are Conservatives nicknamed Tories due to Conservatories?

4 Likes

16 Likes

no pro-tory trolling in here please :frowning:

I’ve been and voted, it’s not looking good here.

I have beer and pills now though

I was in Tom Whyman’s band cos we were in the same year in 6th form :smiley:

the myspace page still exists :joy:

1 Like

I went to see Kraftwerk last night so I’m still reeling from that, thankfully.

Cast my vote this morning. The people asking for my polling number were really friendly, one was wearing a Labour rosette, the other person a Green rosette. The 3 ladies in the hall of the baptist church were lovely too, one of them apologised profusely when she thought I wasn’t down as registered. Placed my vote (I’m in Caroline Lucas’ constituency so piss easy for me) and am hoping she retains her seat tomorrow morning as she’s utterly brilliant and I’m really proud to call her my MP.

2 Likes

I thought it was just a tweet about an old lady making a joke. I’m not very clever apparently.

Beer tennis!

genuinely thought this at first

https://instagram.com/p/BVEvsAal4xn/

Dog treats should be evenly shared between all the good girls and boys

Tellers innit, just outside the polling station, so s’all good

I assume he means the people outside who ask for your number after you’ve voted - so they know who to chase later in the day.

1 Like

I think it’s because the original two parties in our country were Whig and Tory. The Liberals and the Conservatives were meant to be sort of progressive successors but I think Tory was used to refer to the Conservatives as a kind of negative commentary and got adopted?

(I’m sure Google/Wikipedia has a proper answer.)

So in 2117 they’ll be calling themselves “The Tory Cunts”

2 Likes

This didn’t post properly for some reason. Redistribution of biscuits!

11 Likes

3 Likes