A small Cornish fisting village

BBC News subtitles I spotted a few years ago. What’s your favourite typo (subtitle or otherwise?)

1 Like

In our interview with Sir Jack Hayward, the chairman of Wolverhampton Wanderers, page 20, Sport, yesterday, we mistakenly attributed to him the following comment: “Our team was the worst in the First Division and I’m sure it’ll be the worst in the Premier League.” Sir Jack had just declined the offer of a hot drink. What he actually said was “Our tea was the worst in the First Division and I’m sure it’ll be the worst in the Premier League.” Profuse apologies.

9 Likes

Belgian ballkicker Adnan Januzaj becoming Janet Jazz Jazz Jam is the obvious football one. Big lols.

Do on-screen captions count? I’ve got a couple for that

7 Likes

In a carol service at Llandaff Cathedral, in one of the verses of “While Shepherds Watched”:

Thus spake the seraph, and forthwith
Appeared a shining thong

5 Likes

Had to stifle a laugh on R’s writing lesson today on teams. The task was to write “I saw snow on the clock” one of the class (in very neat handwriting it has to be said ) wrote “I saw sno on the coc”

5 Likes

19 Likes

oh dear, someone got sacked surely.

It’s from Curb Your Enthusiasm

1 Like

I should have known Funkhouser. I should have known!

2 Likes

Clue is in the name!

to my probable detriment I’ve only watched it a couple of times.

1 Like

My username is one of the characters. It’s really very good, give it another go. Anyway, typos!

1 Like

Yeah I knew of Marty. I really should watch it. Friends rave about it.

1 Like

My niece wanted to write something about wanting it to snow on a Christmas card and put ‘cum all ova the placis’

2 Likes

/tangent

Apart from when Hartlepool played Doncaster on Sky a few seasons back, this…

9 Likes

5 Likes

I used to work with an organisation called CILT. We had a temp and he sent an email to them referring to them as CLIT. Not convinced it was a typo and not done deliberately for his own amusement, however.

4 Likes

18 Likes

that’s what I’m talking about. I did have a photo of the Fisting mistake but it’s on an old phone I think.

1 Like

morrisons-supermarket-fail-morons-sign-bridgwater-somerset-1042294

2 Likes