A sphincter says what?

Had a bit of sphincter chat last weekend. I was surprised at the sheer number of sphincters we have. I mean you only really think of the big dog.

A sphincter is a circular muscle that normally maintains constriction of a natural body passage or orifice and which relaxes as required by normal physiological functioning. Sphincters are found in many animals. There are over 60 types in the human body, some microscopically small, in particular the millions of precapillary sphincters.[1] Sphincters relax at death, often releasing fluids and fæces.

What?

Everyone knows this, obviously.

Extreme close-up.

Sphincterphile?

Nice to know they finally get a bit of rest.

The funeral directors call it ‘purging’. Things can get very messy

my gf thought for ages that a sphincter was a word for a ‘lady gooch’ and for a while kept using it massively out of context. After I told her what is actually means she understood why everyone at work had looked at her strangely for the last few months.

1 Like

WTF is a lady gooch

1 Like

Here are a couple

not a sphincter, that’s fer sure

Is that what the series of films is about? If so I don’t want to watch Purge: Anarchy

1 Like

I think I know what a gooch is but I wasn’t aware ladies could have them

‘Lady Gooch’ says what?

1 Like

This thread got surprisingly confusing surprisingly quickly.

Greyfriars Sphincter, the heartwarming story of a microscopically small sphincter which remained clenched within its master’s rectum for many years after his death.

1 Like

Are you embarrassed at the thought of post-mortem soiling of the self

• Yes
  • No, I’ll be dead

0 voters

A baking powder?