A Thee Oh Sees Appreciation Thread

Not sure if already mentioned but they are back over in the UK and Ireland next year

8/5/22 – UK – Brighton – Chalk

9/5/22 – UK – Cambridge – Junction

10/5/22 – UK – Oxford Academy

12/5/22 – IRE – Dublin – Button Factory

13/5/22 – IRE – Dublin – Button Factory

14/5/22 – UK – Glasgow – QMU HLD

15/5/22 – UK – Manchester – Albert Hall

17/5/22 – UK – Bristol – SWX

Also Birmingham on 7th May but doesn’t seem to be on their website

That Cambridge gig has been rescheduled so many times! I have tickets somewhere…

yeah the Dublin shows were meant to be May 2020!

Bristol’s moved from SWX to Marble Factory - so there’s more tickets available :slight_smile:

Just bagged some.

1 Like

This is a good read:

4 Likes
2 Likes

Not really bothered about the various iterations of the band, but gave John Dwyer’s solo jazz albums a listen recently and really dug them. Will definitely be revisiting them soon.

1 Like

Ooh, thanks - there’s so much of their stuff I know nothing about, but the few albums I have and the 1 time I’ve seen them live = excellent.

Really like Witch Egg but I’ve fallen behind since then

I reckon that’s the best one

1 Like

Oxford tonight! How exciting!

A frustrating lack of info on who is supporting and what time they are playing (o2’s stated policy on their website is not to provide stage times. Twats). Riley said on the radio last night that Crack Cloud were supporting but that looks to be only the London show. Anyone seen them on this tour and can help me out with supports/running times?

3 Likes

When I lived in Oxford, the academy would give stage times via a telephone message but only for whatever act had played last week. So I guess their policy hasn’t changed.

Looks like Crack Cloud are supporting in Bristol too. Tempted.

Weird how it’s been 18 months since an album came out

Get on with it Dwyer

2 Likes

Container is supporting in Oxford tonight. No idea about the stage times though. Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Ideally they’d be playing before and after.

1 Like

That’s great, thanks for the update . Just waiting for my train to Oxford now. Wasn’t that bothered by Container at the Troxy gig so I’ll just take a leisurely stroll from the station and maybe grab a bonus BrewDog on the way.

1 Like

Container on at 8
Osees on at 9

1 Like

kinda pleased they haven’t released much lately because the show i’m going to this week was supposed to happen 2 years ago and i’m glad it won’t be TOO different to how it would have been

probably less Face Stabber than there would have been though :frowning:

weirdly, the Dublin promoter posted heavily about the original 2020 shows that ended up getting postponed but has been incredibly quiet about the rescheduled 2022 shows. posted loads about 2 Shellac shows recently but not a peep about these. made me almost start to doubt they were happening but they seem to be.

also posted the intended supports well in advance in 2020 but no indication of who’s supporting now. i’ve just seen a random facebook comment saying it’s Crack Cloud both nights but they seem to be doing their own show in Dublin on Thursday. though that’s a late show and just round the corner so it’s possible. hmm.