A Thee Oh Sees Appreciation Thread

A fun little 20 minute blast of punk and a nice reprieve from the spacey prog, but not one of their more essential albums. A bit samey at times, and a couple of tracks sound quite similar to tracks from Protean Threat at first I think.

Saw them do Funeral Solution and A Foul Form live a couple of months ago and they were fun little noisy additions to the set.

Quite funny to compare it to Face Stabber only a couple of years ago. It’s an hour shorter!

1 Like

Exactly. Can easily dismiss it and there’ll be another one on soon enough anyway.

This post paid for by PROF$.

1 Like

Yeah exactly

Does have their best artwork in a while though

It’s so good. Thinking of buying it just to frame it tbh.

This post paid for by PROF$.

1 Like

Had it as my phone background for a while recently

Id agree with this. Good fun album that i enjoy but Id prefer it to be a one off and they go back to facestabber/Orc/Weid exit style stuff on future albums

Would be quite nice if they go back to a nice midpoint between the two like Mutilator

Do think Face Stabber is quite underrated though, was a bit disappointed they’re not playing much from it live anymore.

1 Like

I really like Facestabber. Love that last track Henchlock.

1 Like

Yes about Mutilator too. Maybe my favourite Oh Sees album…

3 Likes

Mutilator is definitely my favorite. Facestabber took a little more time to grow on me than usual for them, with the varied styles and length. But it’s good. I liked Protean Threat better though for being more straight-forward.

2 Likes

On second pass I don’t really like this at all. The vocal style seems so unnecessary

1 Like
1 Like

3 Likes

There’s a CQAF shaped hole in those tour dates

1 Like

oh good point

1 Like

Fingers crossed at least :crossed_fingers:

My God the Brudenell will be insane.

Tickets booked!

1 Like

2nd date added for the Brudenell.