A thread about general digestion and toilet times šŸš½

This is meant to be a SSP thread but I couldnā€™t work out how to make it social and SSP? Is that a thing? Anyway, I feel like itā€™s an issue a lot of us have to deal with. Not a particularly dignified topic but something most of us deal with.

Anywho!

Iā€™m a person who has a womb and ovaries and because of that, when I have a period itā€™s fucking painful! Really horrendously bad! Ouch!

But also, I make a conscious effort to try and have bran flakes for breakfast, and wholewheat bread, and brown rice, and just generally high fibre carbs but nothing seems to help. I just donā€™t have nice times when I am in the bathroom. I donā€™t drink a huge amount of alcohol, I stopped smoking over a year ago, I donā€™t tend to put anything into myself that you would think would exacerbate this. Iā€™m starting a food diary, but there doesnā€™t seem to be any obvious factor. I even do turmeric shots and take multivitamins specifically for digestive health!!

Weirdly though, when I have a weekend ā€œoff the wagonā€ and I drink loads of wine and eat like, Taco Bell or whatever, my bathroom trips seem much easier. Surely thereā€™s no way that my body prefers that to likeā€¦ lots of water and vegetables. SURELY.

Anyway. Potentially just speaking for myself here but I donā€™t think it should be embarrassing that some of us in this life were dealt a hand that means we just have bad poops all the time.

Tell of your poops and poop remedies. Letā€™s talk about it, weā€™re all friends here

Well Iā€™d have put money on this being a Jook thread you know.

:kissing_heart: thanks @Funkhouser xx

2 Likes

My toilet times have improved beyond measure since I got a Squatty Potty.

3 Likes

oh SSP soz

1 Like

I have extremely good poops now that I:

• cut out lactose, and basically all dairy that isnā€™t incidental butter in things
  • stopped eating meat
  • rarely drink
  • eat mostly plants
  • avoid eating lots of peppers, especially uncooked or not very cooked peppers
  • donā€™t go nuts with raw onion

Textbook now. Could set your watch by it.

Unless my nerves are getting the better of me in which case itā€™s a one way ticket to bumwee, population: me(wee)

4 Likes

Ooooh! Thank you for the tip!
Iā€™ve seen about them online but hadnā€™t heard a testimonial from someone that I could be sure existed, but I will 100% order one tomorrow when I get paid.
Donā€™t worry, I shanā€™t PM you with my review

1 Like

This is genuinely wonderful to hear and Iā€™m very pleased for you!

Yeah, during the week I try to limit my dairy intake (nut milks in coffee and cereal etc) but that doesnā€™t seem to make the blindest bit of difference.

I do enjoy a raw pepper and it makes me VERY ANGRY that a vegetable could be exacerbating issues.

Very much with you on the anxiety front. Should probably refill my medication prescription but I keep getting too anxious to call the doctor. Will do that once Iā€™ve posted this actually, cause that does make it more frequent.

Dunno how to explain it without being really graphic (no one wants that), but itā€™s less that itā€™s bum wee and more that itā€™s justā€¦ Laborious?

Him indoors has a diagnosed issue so when I make dinner for us I make sure to make things thatā€™ll be good for his gut health and make it easier for him, but it seems to make mine worse!! Angry!! I want a refund!!

Iā€™ve had a torrid time of it in the last 10 years and all of my own making. Iā€™ll spoiler it but itā€™s a cautionary tale worth reading

Iā€™d had roids for years and was no stranger to large amounts of blood in the toilet. Then one day I had this dull ache in my ass that got steadily worse and worse, the next day I woke up and Iā€™d got a severe anal prolapse in the form of a small passion fruit sized section of intestine popping out my bum star.

I went to the GP and he said it needed surgery but Iā€™d be waiting about 6 months for it. In the meantime I had an injection, some large oily suppositories, a lot of cream and 2 weeks off work sitting on a donut cushion.

6 months later I went under the knife and had it all sorted. I was under general but I was in these stirrups with my legs right up and my hole and bits on display for the pleasure of the surgery team. This was another 2 weeks of donut cushion and pain, then Iā€™ve been ok since.

The kick in the teeth though was seeing the consultant as a follow up and finding out what caused it. It wasnā€™t bad diet or lifestyle, but id been pooing wrong my whole life. I thought you had to push it out so Iā€™d been straining and squeezing until Iā€™d literally turned myself inside out. Now I just sit down and it comes out.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s your water intake like?
Are you exercising?
If so, are you replenishing your salts?

Iā€™m quite decent re: water tbf, I drink about a litre through the night alone :smiley:
My exercise isnā€™t amazing to be fair, Iā€™m a bit of a lump. Try to do 5-30 mins on the onā€™ static bike of an evening but probably only do that four times a week. I donā€™t drive so I do walk everywhere, but not leaving the house as much as I used to. Exercise would definitely help wouldnā€™t it?

Thank you! X

Would love some advice for firming things up. My standard effort is pretty loose which is always annoying - more wiping, more brushing the toilet etc. Not sure if diet / stress / drinking or what. Only diet thing I notice that has an immediate impact is coffee.

Think I poop less often than I used to because at the office it was something to do, now Iā€™m at home all the time thereā€™s no need.

Also, spoilered for (even more) grossness,

I think because of overwiping thereā€™s sometimes blood there, itā€™s not in the poo or a haemorrhoid (I think?) just like a recurring spot where itā€™s irritated enough to bleed. Maybe should see a doc idk

Good thread, sorry about the oversharing

So apparently you period is part of your immune system and itā€™s your digestion that speeds up when youā€™re on your period!

I thought it was my womb swelling or something and pushing on my bowels making it smaller

2 Likes

Re: the grossness, yeah happens to me sometimes when itā€™s a ā€˜wetterā€™ period. It is annoying. I end up putting E45 cream on my arsehole to try to help it recover and stuff.

@kermitwormit Iā€™m honestly unsure what a ā€˜badā€™ trip to the loo is. Are you just saying itā€™s a lot of strain?

Personally my issue these days is that I seem to not always be able to finish my wee off properly. I am often having to get up and do a final bit of a piss into the bowl. Iā€™m not sure what causes that. Probably age?

But yeah, sometimes itā€™s a strain but mostly itā€™s on the wetter end of the scale for me. I have a lot of poos in a day I think. Like 2 or more normally.

1 Like

Given that Iā€™m two hours away from starting fasting for a colonoscopy tomorrow I donā€™t really know where Iā€™d start with this thread, but suffice to say thereā€™s a whole lot can go wrong in baffling ways. Currently wondering if maybe I have a stomach ulcer.

If I do in my ankle we can be bodily issue twins.

Think we need to practice our kegels as well

1 Like

I do this a lot. I think the sitting position creates kinks in the lines and traps some piss inside.

1 Like

My diet consists entirely of:

Coffee
Fruit (Bananas, Apples, Blueberries, Prunes, Tomatoes)
Vegetables (Cabbage, Green Beans, Brussels Sprouts, Broccoli)
Other Carbs (Chickpeas, Pinto Beans, Oatmeal, Air Popped Popcorn, Brown Rice, Barley, Potatoes)
Proteins (Eggs, Tofu, Whey)
Fats (Natural Peanut Butter, Almonds, Avocado, Olive Oil)

How many times do you think I go to the bathroom in a typical week?

• 0 to 1
  • 1 to 2
  • 2 to 3
  • 3 to 4
  • 4 to 5
  • 5 to 6
  • 6 to 7
  • Greater than 7, less than 14
  • Greater than 14, less than 21
  • Perpetual Turd, Iā€™m in hell

0 voters

Stay tuned for the exciting answer

Hey everyone Iā€™ve been having SO much fun with my laxatives since 5pm. Hope this fun never ends.

Yeah itā€™s age. Gets worse too.

2 Likes