A thread about the city of Porto

Going there week after next for Paredes de Coura festival and will have a few days knocking about the city on my own beforehand.

Gis your recs. Particularly interested in port tasting and nice veggie food.

BrasĂŁo Cervejaria Coliseu Baixa Is great. Can book a table too to avoid queues.

And you can get veggie Francesinha a few places (including above).

Head over the river for all the port bars in the world or if you have a full day get a train to the douro valley at the actual vineyards.

2 Likes

The metro runs on rubber tires according to Millers

2 Likes

Ooh nice, day at the vineyards sounds like an excellent shout

This is absolutely fucking useless information Ant

1 Like

Don’t blame me! Blame Millers!

3 Likes

A pal, and formally of this parish, posted this reliable list a few years back.

1 Like

:eyes:

2 Likes

it’s nice. can’t really remember what we did. went up a tower of some kind.

went with a vegetarian and the options seemed pretty quite bad in general but we might have just picked bad restaurants for every meal we had

1 Like

Mark Kozelek has sung about this city

:smiley:

mon down, I’ll get the schooners in

1 Like

who? :wink:

1 Like

Went wandering around the Ouro neighbourhood and got a knife pulled on me while I had €500 in cash in my wallet. I just ducked behind the lad and legged it.

(That happened on my first day there. Absolutely loved the city otherwise, bar the francesinhas.)

Oh fuck! :open_mouth: Fair play getting out of that man, and great to hear it didn’t put you off!

lol at you and mwt having very different opinions on francesinhas! :smiley:

I was very lucky that I was fit after playing three games of football a week for the previous two years. Don’t go wandering around there!

I think I just got unlucky with the francesinha I had, others reported better things. Would recommend walking across the Luís I Bridge if you’re going to the port warehouses. Being able to see through the metal plates on the bridge to the water below was bananas!

1 Like

There are some good bridges there

2 Likes

I hope you like walking up steep cobbled slopes

1 Like