A thread about the new Julie Byrne album

Definitely an AOTY contender for me too! I pretty much put it on every other day and let these calming and delicate arrangements wash all over me. Its utterly devine and like @funkycow said, completely timeless.

1 Like

I bought my mum the Broken Twin album for Christmas in 2014, she still plays it! It’s a wonderful record

2 Likes

Hadn’t listened to her before, but went on a whim to see her last night. Beautiful, intimate concert (was only 25 people there). Consider me a convert. She’s like a modern day Joni :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I think she’s the warmest human being I’ve ever met too, told her I loved the album and she just wrapped me in the biggest hug crys

2 Likes

Johanna Warren who did backing vocals on Not Even Happiness released Chaotic Good last month which is absolutely incredible. Easily one of my faves this year and think it got missed.

Starts out in a similar vein to Julie Byrne but just builds and explodes in to something amazing. Really deserves to be heard by more people

5 Likes

We’ve got a nice track-by-track up. Such a beautiful record!

4 Likes

Absolutely criminal to revive this thread without there being news of a new Byrne album imho

3 Likes