A thread about trees.

I love trees but their pollen hates me and wants me dead.

I’m also reading The Overstory at the moment. Am about 1/4 of the way through and it’s lovely.

3 Likes

That is done brilliant high quality pic content @laelfy just exactly what I wanted in this thread!

1 Like

I wasn’t suggesting that people start cutting up trees :smiley: more that if they’re big enough to be driven through that makes them cool

2 Likes

A very cool tree in Sanny B*

*Santa Barbara but make it rhyme

8 Likes

I liked Sanny B - would’ve liked to have spent more than an afternoon there

2 Likes

Was just watching a goldcrest finch in the pussy willow in the garden :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Sanny B is all about Mony’s tacos

1 Like

Gbot

4 Likes

Was on track to see red woods in 3 countries this year, alas, merely did 2.

1 Like

There’s a tree I can see miles in the distance from the front window that looks like it could be the stock photo for a tree. Imagine an oak tree - it looks exactly like that.

Might have to do something like the bloke who walked across Wales, and go and find this tree one day.

1 Like

Sorry, wasn’t trying to have a go at you, they do look cool, just getting all protective of my big ginger boys

2 Likes

Aesculus hippocastanum in blossom, this morning.

10 Likes

Beautiful! God I want a picnic right now

2 Likes

I always think the flowers look like ice creams

3 Likes

I completely agree. Very generous trees all told.

Do it!
Take a photo
Post it in this thread

Great bunch of tree. Also has a name. Americans huh.

3 Likes

I’ll start a new thread ‘Idiot walking across Worcestershire in a straight line’. First obstacle is a reservoir.

1 Like

Can’t go under it. Can’t go over it… Have to swim through it.

1 Like

I have gotten big into trees too since buying some for the bare garden of our soulless new-build.

First we got a £10 wisteria which will no doubt take 10 years to flower but has really come into some foliage in the last month (and has persuaded me to relay the patio slabs to the garage to give it some more room.

Then I ordered a massive silver birch for the bottom of the garden. Its about 15ft tall and must weigh around 200kg including root ball. Had to dig a hole 60cm deep and 180cm wide for the fucker. Christ alive it was a fucker. Looks great though. I love it.

Got an acer to go next to it. About the same height but the root ball was tiny in comparison. It’s leaves are just coming out now.

We have this Chinese Dogwood on the decking too which is so pretty and makes these lovely pink fruit in the law summer.

And I also got this ornamental Japanese maple on the front too. It’s only 2 foot high but the leaves look incredible in the sun.

So yeah, I like a good tree.

11 Likes