A thread for appreciation of the Lightning Seeds.

Haha, hadn’t noticed that! Brilliant!

1 Like

Same but I was 12

1 Like

One of the very few of my CDs my dad would tolerate being on in the car on long trips

1 Like

Finishes with quite the stylish flourish too.

1 Like

Needs goal of the month/season playing over the top of it :+1:

(That Nayim goal :rofl::rofl::rofl:)

4 Likes

did MOTD generally include European tournaments or were they just trolling Arsenal? (fair enough if so)

Don’t know if it was matches that they had coverage rights for maybe?

Or if someone just edited it in for bants :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ian Broudie’s solo album is really good too from what I remember

Here’s a thing

If you went to see the Lightning Seeds in concert, would you expect them to play 3 Lions?

• Yes
  • Not really

0 voters

in that badly drawn boy sort-of-indie late 90s bedwettery that makes me feel nostalgic but shouldn’t

this is the one though

6 Likes

Never knew that. I’ll have a look.

the outro :notes:

1 Like

Jollification was the one tape I had taken on holiday to Cyprus with my dad and his wife when I was 13. They hired a car and had no tapes of their own with them so we listened to that the whole holiday (on which I first discovered wine and got over my lifelong extreme fussy eating). Still got a lot of time for that album, the singles were magnificent. What followed was all shit though. Especially Sugar Coated Iceberg, hate it so much.

Big fan of this video. I love a good roundabout.

1 Like

Yeah jolification I think was my first album. My big brother gave me his copy when I was about 10, as a present cos he’d left for uni and I was feeling sad about it.

Fond memories.

1 Like

It is really good! It got a lovely LP & CD re-issue on Pete Paphides’ Needle Mythology record label a couple of years ago.

1 Like

The Lightning Seeds weren’t quite as successful as i thought they were. Outwith ‘Three Lions’ , they only had one single which reached the Top 10 (‘You Showed Me’, a cover of a 60s hit by The Turtles). They also never had a Top 10 album, although, the Best Of did go to number 5 and went 2 x Platinum.

1 Like

The first gig I ever went to. My mate won tickets off the radio so we went to see them at Newcastle City Hall supported by the Wannadies.

Great times. Still enjoy their songs whenever I hear them.

1 Like

good bill.