A thread for half-remembered TV shows

Remember that programme Cape Wrath (may also have been called Meadowlands according to the internet)? David Morrissey, Felicity Jones, a pre-Hollywood Tom Hardy. I never watched the whole thing, so have been trying to read a plot summary about what it was all about (witness protection? some sort of experiment?) but I can’t find one. What was the deal?

Remember Reboot on CITV? They did doughnut flavoured Skips as a tie in with it.

3 Likes

Yellowthread Street

No cunt seems to remember this apart from one of my all time dogs and my bro.

Describe it to me.

Don’t know what it is, pal.

1 Like

Can’t remember what it was called. Timothy West was in it as the Chairman of a struggling football club. Had a catchphrase where he’d say “I want x or y … and I want it cheap”. Almost certainly rubbish.

Primitive CGI kids show, feel like it all took part in “the mainframe” or whatever, can’t remember much more about it.

Rings a bell.

CBBC sitcom thing about kids at an outward bound centre - Mud. In my head it was about a choir. Am I getting it confused with something else? Apparently Mud starred Russell Brand. Look at him!

Hippies, it would pop into my head sometimes but I never bothered googling it. I was googling Sally Philips the other day (after her documentary) and she’d been in it. I didn’t realise it was written by Arthur Matthews.

Eleven Men Against Eleven.

I remember finding it quite funny.

I remember that! Julian Rhind-Tutt was in it.

Was there also a British remake of That 70s Show or am I conflating them?

if there was a remake of it I don’t even half remember seeing it

Kids show where there were some posh kids who had some little monster thing living in some sand in their garden maybe?

1 Like

It was a thing!

Five Children and It? The psamyad or something…

1 Like

Ah yes, well remembered. Having now googled it I see it was written by Andy Hamilton, so probably was ok, actually.

That’s the one

It’s quite a famous book, written by E Nesbit.

1 Like

What does the E stand for?