A thread for half-remembered TV shows

Edith

She wrote the Railway Children

“In Five Children on the Western Front (2014) by Kate Saunders, set nine years after the original story, the five children encounter the horrors of the First World War.”

Bleak.

Why do you think Enid Blyton didn’t go by E. Blyton?

Shoebox Zoo

There was another kids tv series about an outward bound centre, I think. There was definitely one filmed at Newlands Adventure Centre in the Lake District, where I went a few times in the 90s. I never watched the programme. Pretty sure it wasn’t Mud though.

Eezer

A Perfect State - Passport to Pimlico re-imagined as a Eurosceptic sitcom as some town declares independence or something. Nigel Farage must have loved it.

1 Like

Friday (and possibly Saturday) night Armistice

1 Like

Haha this sounds so shit

I completely loved the Friday Night Armistice. I don’t think I understood any of the jokes though. The main thing I remember is that they offered dart flights as a prize

The Girlie Show. This was in a slot when I can’t have watched it - did it get a toned down repeat or something? Maybe this wasn’t what I saw as a kid.

Hunt the old woman!

They should reboot it now, all the Brexit voters would go nuts for it.

Wilderness Edge. Wilderness Edge - the trailer - YouTube

I remember Reeboot but not the doughnut flavoured Skips, they sound horrid.

They were…

that cbbc thing at the turn of the millennium about the kids who ran a tv station with their monster mates in a basement.

1 Like

Five children and It. I strongly remember an episode where they went to the future (the future being now, or the 90s anyway). They went to a supermarket and were shocked to see women in trousers. Any magic / wishes stopped when the sun set so inevitably every episode ended with them nearly not making it back in time.

Glam Metal Detectives. Featured a glam rock band, but there were also recurring sketches, including one where botched criminal activities would be critiqued by football type pundits. Was quite good iirc.