A thread for helping each other find christmas presents?

Cambridge. She does pottery painting sometimes, not sure she’s every done the full thing.

Reckon there’s a good chance that someone who enjoys pottery painting would probably enjoy pottery itself

2 Likes

Something like this perhaps?

If not, I’d recommend looking at other stuff on Paperchase, they have quite a good range from the plain kraft stuff (which could be good for her to personalise) to over the top sparkly metallic things.

Pretty sure I was seven when I got a desk for Christmas :smile:

1 Like

Nice one, thanks a lot!

(Apologies for any inadvertent offence about nerdishness there in that case…)

1 Like

No offence taken! I hope she likes it, I know I would have been been well pleased with something like that.

1 Like

Cookery classes are good fun. I’ve also done a chocolate making class which was fun. Cake decorating… you can see there’s a theme for presents that I get…

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind doing something crafty though… and doesn’t your tv like making stuff?

She does, but I got her a load of crafty stuff last year (also the monthly craft boxes that are still going) and there’s two crochet kits hiding at the back of a cupboard already, so I thought it might be nice to do something a bit different.

Maybe something completely different like a sky dive?

She’s terrified of heights. Would be one for the “annoying your partner” thread, though.

2 Likes

I’ve got mine a silversmithing taster class (an idea I had after one of @anon89873996 posts). She makes her own jewelry with beads at the moment so I am hoping she enjoys it.

Gave her a dim sum making class last year that we both went on and that was good fun.
I really enjoyed the butchery course I did but that is probably not for everyone.

2 Likes

FUCK SAKE, I’ve found the perfect one.

1 Like

Won’t you have to go with her though?!

That’s why I’m so annoyed.

1 Like

5 Likes

it’s annoying how crap the internet is at recommending gifts for people

search for ‘gifts for mum’ and you just get 1,000 pages of like mugs and cushions and tat with ‘mum’ written on them. NOT WHAT I WANT.

4 Likes

1 Like

what’s the best family friendly dvd this christmas?

is there a pixar one or something?

Moana is wonderful and wasn’t out on DVD last Xmas, Lego Batman is better than it has any right to be.

2 Likes

Get down smiggle!