A thread for helping each other find christmas presents?

My dad is proving an absolute nightmare this year.

Likes: restoring motorbikes, making stuff out of wood, painting, dance music. Was gonna get him the new Tycho record but it’s not out on CD until next year wtaf?

(I bought my even-harder-to-buy-for mother a wireless charging lamp from IKEA yessssssss)

Your dad sounds brilliant

1 Like

A few off here have met him, and I can confirm he is :100:

1 Like

what’s a nice brand of gin to buy a gin drinker?

How much are you looking to spend?

no idea really - mid-range?

This is pretty decent for the price: East London Liquor Premium Gin - Batch 2 : Buy from The Whisky Exchange

It’s won some awards if that’s your bag ezzer. Get yourself down that distillery, their bar is brilliant and it’s never very busy.

can’t stand the stuff myself tbh, but thanks will check out

1 Like

Sipsmith? I recently bought this for a friend: London Cup | Gin Shop | Gin Delivery | Sipsmith Gin

M&S have a really nice selection of fancy gins.

Jensen’s old Tom gin is my favorite.

its beaut Jensen's Old Tom Gin : Buy from The Whisky Exchange

Are these slippers stupid or insanely comfy looking?

Me and my sibling tend to be pretty good at gauging each other’s tastes and getting books or albums or whatever for one another that we both like but may not have necessarily known about at first.

So I’m thinking of picking up this complete version of Junji Ito’s Uzumaki I saw recently. They like manga / anime, as well as horror – and it’s something I understand is considered a classic (I’m interested in reading it myself, tbh). Wise choice, you folks think?

sounds good but i already bought J_I’s recommendation, will check it out next time

Good fun little cat stuff that I can get for my brother('s cat)

I want to get someone a pair of tickets to see The Book of Mormon next spring.

a) is it worth it and b) is it actually worth spending a lot on good theatre seats or are cheapos still alright?

No idea what to get my sister. No discernible interests or hobbies. Got her a Radley umbrella/purse set last year because it was relatively expensive and has a big brand on it. That seemed fine.

Mushroom log?

She does like garlic mushrooms.

Is there a particular luxury brand of mushroom log you would recommend?

out in his shed, working on his motorbike, top off, techno blaring