A thread for logging times you've been proud of yourself

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TODAY* TO MAKE YOU FEEEEEEEEEEEEL PROUD?

*anytime you like

This is a celebratory thread for how fabulous you are, so leave your humbleness at the door.

(I just suggested two ideas to my boss and they were really impressed by them and I’m really proud of myself for not just sitting on them in case they were too experimental and I got laughed at)

8 Likes

Mopped the floor yesterday

7 Likes

nice work. o7

2 Likes

Managed to put on my duvet cover in under 2 mins today rather than it ending up.in an afternoon long event with swearing and crying

7 Likes

despite a deluge of bad news, i had the option of drinking several beers/a lot of spirits on my own in the lounge last night and instead had a bagel, wrote a song and watched an episode of metalocalypse

3 Likes

I don’t understand o7 but have seen it twice today, is it just a rebrand of m9?

Finished my christmas shopping and have got Mrs F some pretty good stuff.

6 Likes

it’s a tiny man saluting you

2 Likes

OMG :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Nominated for a couple of awards at work, one I knew about as has been told in advance but the other was a surprise nomination by my line manager. I’m not a hugely productive member of the team when it comes to our bread-and-butter work so it was nice that the other stuff I do was recognised. Plus it means a little cash bonus in my last pay packet of the year, woop!

11 Likes

one of the very best subtle emoticons ever <3

also this

o/

is a tiny guy raising his fists. i use this for rock/metal appreciation or solidarity

3 Likes

;_;7

Crying salute is so nice too

5 Likes

Thank you for this education! I feel a little less old.

1 Like

ah god i feel so very ancient right now. wondering how bad it would really be to go and live in the woods, on balance.

1 Like

Though in the spirit of Menless Monday I have to correct this to a tiny saluting woman/womxn/other non binary :slight_smile:

2 Likes

fair. i associate all bald emojis with myself so i just see a miniature rob :smiley:

side thread on how i believe bald people have used emojis to become more popular in public perception

1 Like

Perhaps it’s a baby?

1 Like

this makes every emoticon and variant even more delightful :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Refilled my car tyres yesterday after the warning light came on, as detailed in the car thread.

Sounds simple, but maintaining the car is a massive source of anxiety for me, so I was very chuffed with this basic act of competency.

3 Likes

More than once I’ve driven away from the tyre refilling bit because I couldn’t figure it out and felt people were judging me.

I have since bought one that you can use at home.

1 Like