A thread for sporting hypotheticals

i do not

4 Likes

Could you swim 10 lengths faster than Phelps if he was swimming in custard?

2 Likes

Of staying alive? Possibly, just about.

Ooh, that’s a good one. But even if he wasn’t allowed to hit me at all, I’d have fuck all chance of hurting him, or even landing a punch past his blocks.

you could let me take a hammer, i’m still not getting in that ring

3 Likes

A team of 11 clones of you vs. the La Masia under 12 team
A team of 11 clones of you vs. the 1978 Argentina world cup winning team, at their current ages

who wins each?

1 Like

Variation on OP - I’ll play McIlroy on the dinosaur themed crazy golf in Tynemouth. We’ll both drink four cans of Super T before we start. Loser buys the winner a Maxibon.

6 Likes

Can I make sure they go to bed at a reasonable hour

You’ve got to face an over of Shane Warne deliveries where he has to tell you exactly what kind of delivery he’s gonna serve up for each ball, chances of a forward defensive for the whole over?

Run up and smash his head in, take the loss

2 Likes

The old guys would beat me.

The kids would probably win but I’d have ended a few of their careers before too many of me gets sent off.

2 Likes

They’d have a keeper, so them.

(Also I am not very good at football in any position let alone all of them and they will all be very good at football)

Better take your purse, you’re buying the ice creams.

1 Like

yes Ant, but they don’t like it up 'em

He would because I’d be too busy dying and trying not to flirt and being like omg RORY

2 Likes

you’re also a good central midfielder you modest scamp

1 Like

your 5k against mo farah’s 10k ?

(26:46.57)

You have to bowl an over to Courtney Walsh.

Can you either bowl him, or trap him plum in front?

Absolutely, 100% not.

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/about-this-show/swimming-in-syrup/

1 Like

I’d win, comfortably

4 Likes