A thread to appreciate mushrooms

I just fucking love mushrooms

1 Like

How do you cook your mushrooms for going on toast @tilty?

I’m a big fan of mushrooms but not eaten enough of them in recent years as my kids haven’t come round to them. Love them with a creamy tarragon sauce particularly.

My policy when eating a meal is to eat the individual components separately in the order of least enjoyed to most enjoyed so that my final mouthful is the best bit. Mushrooms are the “exception that proves the rule” to this policy as I always eat them first. Thank you and God bless x

4 Likes

My mum used to slice raw button mushrooms into salads. Bit weird that. Still never had a problem with them though, despite having been a fussy eater when young they never seemed worse to me than any other veg, never really got why some people are so squeamish with them.

1 Like

I’m basic as anything. Butter in the pan, salt in the pan. Mushrooms (button) go in whole.

Cook for around five mins. Onto the toast. Fin.

3 Likes

mushrooms, garlic and butter are all very good

but all three together? magnifique

2 Likes

Just bought some mushrooms for dinner. In the decade since I quit meat I’ve eaten more mushrooms than many people do in their lifetime. So versatile, so tasty, love them.

3 Likes

Would be keen to know people’s mushroom soup recipes actually. We do a version of this Jamie Oliver one which is nice, the addition of rice whilst cooking (pre-blending) makes for a nice thick soup.

Love them. A nice woody one pls on toast with avocado and rosemary

This is my regular mushroom shop including loads of Enokis for my noods

6 Likes

those big oyster lads are some of the best food knocking about. so, so good.

2 Likes

Enoki are wildly underrated, they’re so good.

1 Like

tell you what’s good, those really big ones, as a side to a steak

Bloody love mushrooms. Really want to get into foraging them.

GBOM.

2 Likes

Some mid-tier chat in here

Some of them make you laugh loads and see funny things, they’re good

1 Like

pleased to report the baby loves mushrooms. did us mushers on toast for lunch the other day, fried in the pan with butter, garlic, then added a bit of flour and milk to make a delicious sauce and my word it was very good

1 Like

Love them. Love them so much. But what’s sad is that Her Indoors hates them. Will not have owt to do with them. So when she’s away (such as this weekend) I make loads of mushroom meals; biryani, risotto, carbonara, baked with stuffing. Just mushroom it up. And when this happens, at my end of day meetings in work when we sign off with some chit chat if what we’re up to for the evening/weekend, I simply say my plans are “mushrooms”, always gets a great reception.

1 Like

Quickly frying them up in olive oil with approx 3 diced garlic cloves, black pepper, salt and fresh basil, then having them on toast with some Linda McCartney sausages and a generous dollop of Tesco’s horseradish mustard is my favourite use of them.

1 Like

Fucking love em