A thread to find out about what the kids of DiSers are into at the minute

Rocket League has landed in our house and they are flat out addicted. They got in a stand up fist fight about it this morning, so they’re getting some exercise too. :+1: :+1:

7 Likes

The Jack Hartmann Subitise song

2 Likes

The eldest wants to try her hand at magazine writing. She’s currently compiling a magazine called “BOOP!” which she described to me as “like Hello! magazine but with trains”.

I don’t know how she knows about Hello! magazine.

13 Likes

I’ll offer £100,000 for 5% of the company.

3 Likes

PETE WATERMAN EXCLUSIVE: “WHY I LEFT OO GAUGE… AND WHY I’VE NEVER FELT HAPPIER”

7 Likes

My youngest (two next month) is full on obsessed with The Tiger Who Came to Tea. First thing she says when she wakes up is “Tiger!” and she asks to watch the TV version all day (we relent about three times a day during lockdown) and when it’s not on she is reading the book to her soft toys or having us read it to her. She also wants us to make chomping sounds on demand to mimic the sections of the book when the tiger eats all the stuff.

She also loves (aided and abetted by the 4 year old) raiding the kitchen cupboards and drawers to get spices and filling various receptacles with them - it was cute at first but we’ve actually had to stop them doing it because they’ve been wasting five or six full jars every day as they all get mixed up and often end up all over the floor.

11 Likes

Our toddler likes putting the spices in the bin. Which I’m usually aware of and is fine until it’s after bin day and I’m looking for the cumin…

5 Likes

I’m so over this (7 and 4 yo) - constantly making “cheeky stashes” of whatever they can lay their hands on. Mostly bags of sugar and jars of honey or syrup tbh. But I uncovered a trove containing a mini squash and two bananas the other day

5 Likes

We have a Tiger Who Came To Tea obsessed toddler too. Hey Tiger was my most played song on Spotify last year, reckon we listened to it on average about 6 times a day. She’s currently sat on the living room floor having a tea party with her cuddly tiger and I’m exhaustedly scrolling through DiS.

2 Likes

yeah i was all like “FAAAK… oh”

Is this a Cheeky Team ritual

2 Likes

It’s definitely in the manual

4 year old is developing his skills in giving attitude.

me to partner: “that was a loud sneeze”
Partner: “you can talk!”
4yo: rolls eyes “everyone in the whole world can talk mummy”

19 Likes

I mean the literal manual, I think I posted a picture of it before.

G has gone full paperwork! She’s made Den Licences - and stopped R from coming in because he’d lost his. Making her own currency (Cheeky Dollers).

7 Likes

both my kids are into putting loads of their plastic animals in a bowl of water, freezing it and then excavating them the next day. it’s a pretty good game.

13 Likes

The cheeky dollers can be used by a parent to buy things back that they’ve stashed.

4 Likes

bums and privates

1 Like

right I’m onto this!

you can add a bit of red food colouring if your kids, like mine, like to imagine they’ve discovered the scene of a brutal inter-species feeding frenzy

5 Likes

Sounds great. What tools do you trust them with? I’m guessing power tools and water don’t mix