A thread to find out about what the kids of DiSers are into at the minute

well they’re 2 and 4 so basically just a butter knife they can scrape with and some lukewarm water in a babies bottle that they can gently douse it with.

2 Likes

Tried this today.

“Has it frozen yet?”
“No”

Aaaalllllll afternoon.

1 Like

Haha oh yeah you have to do it just before bed time.

We did that with cars back in the summer, where he’d play in the garden and could get ice everywhere, rather than creating future puddles of water to be found later

Into:

Blaming things on ghosts
Animal vision glasses

18 Likes

My two year old loves Tiger too. My mum and dad gave her a soft toy one for Christmas and she’s taken it with her everywhere since. Service that was exclusively reserved for her Woody doll for the last 15 months.

The 5 year old has got them both obsessed with couch forts over the past week

3 Likes

Homemade vegan curry!

The other night M was just making up words and came up with shitter and I couldn’t hide my amusement so now every night before bed she’s shouts “IT’S A SHITTER!”

27 Likes

This video. All the time

5 Likes

She’s taken a break from Gabby to watch Justin Time Go! on loop.

I don’t really understand why he has so many imaginary friends but I quite like it.

1 Like

Fail Army

1 Like

Fighting, getting each other in trouble, winding each other up. Would not have expected it with a 20 month old and an 8 year old but there you go.

5 Likes

Bought a wee £15 disco light on Amazon the other day, stick it on an hour before bed and they are WRECKED

4 Likes

The Child got one as a present at one birthday and mini disco was what kept bedtime running over the first lockdown.

1 Like

The Odd Squad. This young lady is a Force of Nature:

1 Like

Bairn one is big into getting us to describe to his baby sister (4 weeks old] what he’s doing. “Right now he’s being a monkey. Now an elephant. And now he’s jumping on your toy frog.”

Also putting on his spiderman costume and demanding “what’s the problem?” until someone gives him something to rescue or save.

12 Likes

Yeah, F got big into that for a while. I think it satisfied her Spy Kids passions.

MiniStack:

Cooking. Construction Vehicles. Unicorns. Death (aka going into the stars) My Little Pony (friendship is magic FYI and when we finish s9 I’m going to be a mess.) Kacey Musgraves.

She’s really cool.

TinyStack:

Trains. Cooking. Duggee (especially his new Wheels On The Bus video). Melting down. Cuddles. Thin Lizzy’s The Rocker. Jumping. Reading.

He is also really cool.

5 Likes

Dammit, UK Netflix has S9? Still only 1-8 down here.

1 Like

No we bought it cause none of us could wait anymore. Would get a box set in a heartbeat

1 Like