A thread to find out about what the kids of DiSers are into at the minute

The Child got one as a present at one birthday and mini disco was what kept bedtime running over the first lockdown.

1 Like

The Odd Squad. This young lady is a Force of Nature:

1 Like

Bairn one is big into getting us to describe to his baby sister (4 weeks old] what he’s doing. “Right now he’s being a monkey. Now an elephant. And now he’s jumping on your toy frog.”

Also putting on his spiderman costume and demanding “what’s the problem?” until someone gives him something to rescue or save.

12 Likes

Yeah, F got big into that for a while. I think it satisfied her Spy Kids passions.

MiniStack:

Cooking. Construction Vehicles. Unicorns. Death (aka going into the stars) My Little Pony (friendship is magic FYI and when we finish s9 I’m going to be a mess.) Kacey Musgraves.

She’s really cool.

TinyStack:

Trains. Cooking. Duggee (especially his new Wheels On The Bus video). Melting down. Cuddles. Thin Lizzy’s The Rocker. Jumping. Reading.

He is also really cool.

5 Likes

Dammit, UK Netflix has S9? Still only 1-8 down here.

1 Like

No we bought it cause none of us could wait anymore. Would get a box set in a heartbeat

1 Like

Jimbo’s really into How To Train Your Dragon, and it’s assorted sequels and spin offs. He’s recently got the concentration to pay attention for a whole film and get story arcs, rather than just seeing them as a load of set pieces, so he gets a lot more from them now, so if you add dragons and Vikings into the mix of course a five year old is going to be well into it

4 Likes

Yep Eva’s a few months off five and can understand world building etc now which is awesome

1 Like

Number bonds up to five has been stuck in my head for weeks

1 Like

Eldest is sixteen and has really taken to playing the drums. They learnt as much over lockdown as it room me about three years to acquire but, crucially, I’m not bitter. They’re also really into cinema and want to do film studies a level. We have one night a week to watch classic films, just seen godfather part 2,I may not tell them there’s a part 3.

Youngest is thirteen and she’s just into hating everything because it’s all stupid!

10 Likes

Like me they’ll probably enjoy it as just a very good third film. I think much of the dislike is overblown and/or caused by the huge anticipation around it. I think if you were to look at trilogies it’s almost certainly the one with greatest consistency.

2 Likes

Remember as a mid twenties film nerd, there was a teenager at my old Taekwondo class who was getting into cinema. Something heartening about being at that age and suddenly weirder films (even just stuff like Christopher Nolan or whatever) start slowly opening your mind to how much is possible within the medium, and that excitement of getting into more and more different films

The memory cracked me up cause he was that sort of kid who comes up to you and says “x is my favourite director” apropos of nothing

5 Likes

I mean, tbf it mostly is

12 Likes

Huh that’s worth bearing in mind, I haven’t seen it for twenty years should go back to it really.

1 Like

Eldest also does Taekwondo!

1 Like

I keep thinking of going back. Stopped going because of work and that, but I wouldn’t mind trying to fit it back into my schedule. I was quite good at it!

1 Like

TBF I haven’t seen it for 20 years either. I only saw them all for the first time when the boxset DVDs came out which would have bee 2002.

1 Like

What/where? (Had a look on iPlayer, but it wasn’t obvious.)

MiniMiniWza is a bus fanatic at the mo.

That Songstress episode is on daily in our house. The song that goes e-e-eeeeee-e-e-eee-eeeee will have me in an insane asylum before Easter

1 Like