A thread to find out about what the parents of DiSers are into at the minute

eggs

My Mam: Learning how to operate a weighbridge, bringing her dog to work, planning a trip to Transylvania (She’s gotten mega into Vlad the Impaler/Countess Bathory stories)

My Dad: Detroit Cobras, collecting Munster Rugby memorabilia, collecting old pint glasses and earthenware from pubs. This is his latest haul:

JobLot

(Apologies to those DiSers who are missing parents or have parental issues, I just thought it’d be a lighthearted look at what people are up to.)

Mum: ???

Dad: robbing mum of her pension

It’s a laugh a minute in the ol’ Epimer family, let me tell you.

My mum is really into hedgehogs right now. She’s built a hedgehog house in her garden. She talks a lot about a website called “Hedgehog Street”.

Have you told her about Gashwrecker? I have a feeling she’d enjoy it.

I instantly regret starting this thread.

I am now glad I started this thread.

Mum: national trust, home improvements, the carpenters

Dad: real madrid, chelsea, disco and funk music, watching youtube videos on his phone loudly in the presence of others

My ma just got a new job closer to home and is happy because she’ll have more time at home to nap and drink tea.

My da: same as usual, learning new testament Greek, the Lord, making stuff out of wood.

Ooooft, Real and watching videos with the sound on? Papa K is on thin ice.

my mum has been really into making dungarees for babies recently:

we’re going to seville for a week at the weekend, so my dad is currently mostly obsessed with researching/planning things to do while we’re there.

Mum: No idea

Dad: No idea

I am a terrible son

is your dad Jesus?

Those are very cute!

(I might pick your brains about Seville once you’ve returned, planning on going in January.)

Are you meat-eaters? I had some of the best beef of my life there if your dad’s after restaurant recommendations

we are, yes. this is certainly something i would be interested in.

there’s an ‘irish’ pub there that I spent a lot of time in when I went 12 years ago.

Mum: 90 day fiancee, Eric Theiss and the copper chef pans, buying rubbish gadgets off the internet from china that turn up 3 months later

Dad: Gardening, Horror and B movies, Going to irish pubs with my mum, carbs (which he shouldne be as he is diabetic).

wouldn’t recommend

Probably. Did Jesus also work for the Met?

Dad; Dead
Mum; Brexit

Fml