A thread to sing lullabies to Theo as he sleeps

As we all know, one of our dearest colleagues, Theo, resides “Down Under” in Australia and, for some reason, it’s night time there when it is day time here.

As such, I thought it would be really charming and sweet if we had a thread to sing lullabies to him to soothe him as he sleeps and ensure he wakes refreshed with the energy of the community’s affection.

I think the majority of the lullabies will come in the form of written prose but I don’t think anyone would be opposed to the idea that some of our colleagues could actually record their lullabies and post them.

3 Likes

I think that a lovely lullaby would be a discobot quote sung to the tune of twinkle twinkle little star
@discobot quote

1 Like

:left_speech_bubble: If one is estranged from oneself, then one is estranged from others too. If one is out of touch with oneself, then one cannot touch others. — Anne Lindbergh

:musical_note: :musical_note: :musical_note: If one is estranged from oneself, then one is estranged from others too. If one is out of touch with oneself, then one cannot touch others. :musical_note: :musical_note: :musical_note:

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Beautiful idea, this will bring peace and wisdom to Theo’s slumber

2 Likes

wasn’t she like a Nazi sympathiser

Let’s try and avoid bringing Nazis into this thread about singing lullabies to Theo while he sleeps if possible please, @discobot

3 Likes

Yeah, me too. It’s comforting to think that he’s cracking on with stuff on the other side of the world though

1 Like

4 Likes

This is a nice thread idea

Sung softly to the tune of Twinkle twinkle (or baa baa black sheep if you prefer)

Do sleep well The010

6 Likes

:musical_note: :musical_note: :musical_note: Go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep sweet young Theo, go to sleep, go to sleep, and forget about your day :musical_note: :musical_note: :musical_note:

1 Like

Lullaby Theo, in the outback
When the wind blows the yabbies attack
When the bough breaks the(o) will fall
Down will come Theo, PC and all.

4 Likes

Beautiful expression of peace

thank you. shhhh - he’s sleeping now.

2 Likes

A none nazi quote please discobot, to the tune of Mary had a little lamb
@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: My reputation grows with every failure. — George Shaw