A thread to talk about Christmassy Xmas breaks

Because it’s August!

Me and the wife like to go on a nice cold Holiday for a long weekend in December, ideally with Christmas markets and nice festive stuff for us to get excited about. Where is good that isn’t Budapest or Berlin please? How is Warsaw? Where else?

Strasbourg?

2 Likes

Southampton

1 Like

Maybe next year when nobody can go on holiday abroad anymore :slight_smile: / :frowning:

The Strasbourg of the UK, I’ve heard it called.

2 Likes

We’re going away for fake christmas this year somewhere

1 Like

Christmas will be absolutely cancelled for me this year. Dreading it tbh.

Would definitely recommend Warsaw and Krakow for this. Lovely Christmas markets, plenty of gluhwein, cheap food n booze,lots of cool bars and theres also some good museums etc.

1 Like

Lovely! Where you thinking?

Oh amazing! Thanks :slight_smile: just want crisp chilliness and pretty markets and hot booze and baked goods tbh

It’s booked. Can’t remember where it is though.

Just the usual fake christmas lot but we’ve got a nice holiday cottage somewhere instead of it being just a day thing.

1 Like

I’ll be having a lovely working break in Basingstoke every weekend in December. Can’t wait.

Thinking about going to reykjavik

1 Like

Had some magical Christmases in the north of Norway for the past few years, as my parents have lived there. They are now moving to Spain though so no more frozen Christmases for me for the next few years :sunglasses:

1 Like

Did that over New Years once and it was dead good.

2 Likes

Gdansk is amazing for this. Cheap flights, amazing value for money when you’re there. Good Christmas markets.

The city itself is small so probably only good for a day and a half. But there’s a couple of other pretty towns nearby supposedly.

1 Like

Luxembourg

You can fly from London City Airport. Free crémant on board. Big Christmas market in the centre of town. Good chance of snow in December. Drink your own body weight in Glühwäin. Eat Gromperekichelcher. Christmas carols in the fire-free Cathedral Notre-Dame. Visit the Museum d’ Art Moderne Grand-Duc Jean (MUDAM), designed by the late IM Pei. Take Sunday brunch at Le Sud. 9th in a list of the best cities in the world to drink craft beer.

1 Like

Ahm oot.

Luxair also fly from Prague.

1 Like

Gonna be my first time doing this over the bank holiday weekend. Well excited

1 Like