A truly fucking boring thread about shitting mortgages of all things

Christ, here we fucking go.

Went to an extremely boring London Home Show convention/exhibition thing on Saturday to explore the possibility of Share to Buy.

Seems feasible etc so the next step is sorting out a fucking boring mortgage.

My (very dull) questions are thus:

• How much will my inevitably dreadful credit score contribute to a joint application when my gf’s finances will be good?
  • How far back and what sort of things affect an application being denied?
  • Why is the adult world so insufferable?

I can’t really be arsed to think about this.

5 Likes

Don’t blame you mate

Aye should check really but I don’t think living out of an overdraft is going to reflect particularly well is it?

I will say this though :- It’ll probably be fine.:+1:

Thanks, mate

1 Like

can only speak from experience but I have treated -£200 as £0 for the last 5 or so years in both my account and our joint account. And I have had way way way worse overdrafts than that in the past and quite a shady credit card 3 year abscondment. Mortgage advisor didn’t think any of this would be an issue, and still worth having me on the mortgage even though I earnt next to nothing compared to my wife at the time.

1 Like

What’s behind this apathy?

Do we need to stage an intervention for you?

I’ve never failed one for renting (aside from one when I was contracting rather than full-time) so hopefully that is a good sign. Never missed a rent payment, never missed a phone bill (or at least not for a decade) it’s the overdraft that worries me.

Depends whether you’re within your agreed overdraft limit or not, and if you aren’t, how quickly you’ve resolved it.

1 Like
  1. Depends how bad it is, use Noodle or Clearscore to get an idea for free.
  2. I think 6 years is the longest bankruptcy or defaults will affect your credit file for (It might be longer for some criminal stuff)
  3. It just is, Ant. It just is.
1 Like

This is also very reassuring, cheers pal (and again, apologies for calling you a Goodie Two-Shoes Bellend earlier)

don’t be ridiculous you cunt

1 Like

:thumbsup:

Always within an agreed limit and increasingly rarely at the edge of that limit in fairness

That’ll be fine then.

Your overdraft limit is effectively treated as credit (you might not realise it, but when you agreed to have an overdraft, you will almost certainly have technically signed a credit agreement), and so going into that limit, but not exceeding it, is totally fine.

Like, it might show up as a credit agreement on your credit check, but it won’t count as a negative.

Magic, cheers pal. This is reassuring, perhaps it will be my meagre income that will do us in as opposed to my financial recklessness! :thumbsup:

Check out these guys: http://www.firstmortgage.co.uk/ We just bought a house and would recommend their service a hundred times over. They sorted us out with a good mortgage (despite my girlfriend only working a 3-day-per-week contract and having overdraft/credit card debt) and helped us get some good insurance policies in place. Their service costs the magnificent sum of sweet f.a. to the buyer as well (they take their cut from the banks/lenders). Honestly - best recommendation you will get if buying a house.

1 Like

Mega, thanks for the recommendation :thumbsup:

The overdraft might even be a plus. Actively servicing a line of credit will boost your credit score, not harm it.

This is why some people spread out the last few quid of their mortgage over several years: to maintain some credit to keep their score up.

2 Likes