A very European Friday thread 🇮🇹🇹🇷

Eating 16 inches of pizza, cheers.

3 Likes

Was supposed to be going out tonight but other person had to cancel unfortunately, hopefully we can reschedule. Also trying to arrange some more upcoming pint drinking with mates generally as I haven’t done enough pint drinking since pubs reopened.

Managed to get a long overdue haircut though after 6 months of hair growth

1 Like

Had been looking forward to watching the first Euros game this evening, but my housemate has an unexpected night off so I’m being forced to go to the pub with him instead.

I have a couple of these

https://gb.stringswing.com/guitar-hanger-hardwood-wall-mount-for-acoustic-and-electric-guitars/?sku=CC01K-C&wi_marker=wim_gb_9c3b6adce6ba268b47ce9976e5e9f8a8d0f79d13&gclid=Cj0KCQjwk4yGBhDQARIsACGfAevsAkV78uBKIsS734fVQtceKohXxU3c_gkoUXDOFQLkY7IyJDnq0QgaAqXTEALw_wcB

They’ve never given me any trouble (bar the stressful exercise of drilling holes in the wall and then hanging your precious guitar from it) - but properly installed they are good

1 Like

Also they claim to come with fixings but they are “drywall plugs”, so you would probably need to get some rawl plugs as well if going on a brick and plaster wall

1 Like

Oo thank you :slight_smile:

Rawl plugs, I don’t even know what they are. I will Google immediately. It’s like you read my mind, I was just thinking that would be something he might raise concerns about.

Do either of you (or anyone else in your life) own a drill and know how to use it? That’s the tricky part - honestly the best gift would be if you were able to sort out someone competent to do it if he’s not a DIY person

1 Like

My Dad bought me a really fancy drill :laughing: im too scared to use it tho. He’s not very DIY savvy but I think he’d be okay with this. We were just in discussion about putting up a curtain pole and he seems unfazed by it.

I must get unscared because there are many holes I need to drill in my flat.

So is a rawl plug just one of those plastic things you poke in the hole and then put the screw into? Or are they specific fancy ones?

happy birthday big man

:tada: :birthday:

4 Likes

Yes the plastic things

Those hangers came with plastic things but they were the wrong kind - suited to walls more common in America

I learnt to drill through necessity and I’ve done loads - including a couple of kitchens and a tv hanger thing (my finest drilling hour, came with its own massive drill bit and I had to drill 6 holes accurately and straight with it on my chimney breast, so stressful but it’s still solid as a rock 10 years later🥳) . But I still dread drilling - doesn’t help that my flat walls are like a crumbly feta cheese

Curtain rails - something I learnt to my cost. Modern houses (like after 1950) often have concrete lintels over windows and they are impossible to drill with a “normal “ drill- you need a more expensive one. Older properties not a problem

1 Like

Poor guy, stay strong man

1 Like