A warm welcome to Wednesday thread

Morning all.
It’s the first day of my working week and sodding freezing out there. Still, it’s fitting weather to see Sweden’s Alice Boman at St Pancras Old Church.
HBU?

I’m in Taipei 101 shopping centre at the moment and have discovered a wholefoods style shop that’s put a lot of effort into importing the Waitrose Essentials range. They also have a full range of Fullers beers at about £5 a bottle.

Pissing down today and Mrs Z is really sick, so I’m mostly browsing the underground shopping malls today.

Morning all, fine dusting of snow everywhere this morning but not enough to disrupt the trains.

Great place to see Alice Boman, I miss church gigs.

Nutmegen says hi (from the train window).

Morning Garethi, czuk, ma0sm,

Plans for today are probably out the window due to a few inches of snow having been dumped overnight. R should be going to his dad and we had already swtiched the usual buses/trains arrangement for taxis so he didn’t have to wait in the cold, but I don’t know how safe the roads will be… kinda selfishly want my day off, brain is totally fried rn.

Still, can’t wait to see the boy’s little face we he feels the crunch of snow for the first time :grinning:

It’d be rude not to get a beer in, tbf. Hope Mrs Zeal feels better soon.

Roads are OK, I think - it’s not icy out there (yet).

I’ll probably buy a much cheaper Taiwan Beer later instead. (That’s literally what it’s called. Old state beer company that makes highly generic lagers that Carling etc all would be proud of.)

Morning. -6°c out there today. Even had to wear gloves this morning.

In other news, CBA

How did it go yesterday? Is everything ok?

Fuck off snow you absolute c**t!
Delayed at glasgow airport :rage:

Still in bed, my boss just messaged and said he wouldn’t be in until 11 and apparently there is snow (haven’t opened the curtains yet) which means my colleagues are wfh. I’ll decide what to do when I get out of bed in a second but I’ll probanly go to the office, I live like 10 min away and everyone knows it

Might as well use someone else’s heating and electricity, I suppose…

Starting off my day by heading to get steroid injections into two of my knuckles. Made the mistake of reading about it on the internet and the procedure sounds like it’s going to be agony. Needles to say, I did not sleep well last night.

Won’t find out for a couple of days, but the TV felt terrible all day after fasting and bloods being taken :cry:

The metro has a mascot called majimeow. It’s very polite and teaching people how to be considerate travellers. TfL needs one of these.

Working later.
Just realised I’ve not done my homework, so going to have to attempt that on the bus as uni is tonight.
My mind thinks it’s Christmas today and I’d really like to stay in no eat chocolates and watch Scrooged.

Ah yeah, today I find out (via an anonymous survey they all take once a quarter) what my staff think of me and how I manage them. Really cannot be bothered, as I know it’s going to be a relatively poor score due to the fact I’m actively managing people on their performance, and I’ll have to explain this to my boss and his boss.

It is more the potential of them icing up later for on the way home that worries me :grimacing:

Mega snowy and got to go with my driving instructor and be his pupil for his assessment with two examiners in the back. What could go wrong?

Booked the day off for that (and we have an away day at work) so gonna head to my grandmas after and dunno really.

I’ve had steroid injections in my rib cage muscles. I made the mistake of asking the nurse before if it would hurt and she was like “uh duh yeah you’re getting a needle in your chest course it’s gonna hurt” but i didn’t actually feel it.

My colleague had them in his knuckles and he said it did hurt a bit yeah. It’s helped him loads as he had pretty much no movement and now he’s ok.