A website devoted to toilets

It covers historic toilets too so lots of stuff about how they might have dealt with shit 1000s of years ago.

2 Likes

How on earth do you even find a thread like this @TheWza?

Do you just go back through the entire social board for all the days since you last visited? :grinning:

I’d be astounded if any of these haven’t been threads on DiS.

3 Likes

I’m intrigued, but also a little afraid to google…what is a toilet snorkel?

1 Like

A necessity for the WORST possible scuba holiday?
:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Who is the Toilet Guru? Is he obsessed? What is it like to be the Toilet Guru?

it’s safe to google.

The device is a tube that you insert into the waste drain of a toilet to access “clean” air in the waste water piping of your building.

1 Like

I definitely incinerate my sewage

Yup. Well, kinda.

Typical DiS browsing, for me is on mobile, reading a thread I’m reading to the end, then clicking on any threads in the ten ‘Suggested Topics’ that have had a handful of new posts since I’ve been in previously, until the only ones in the list at the bottom of a thread have tens or hundreds of posts to catch up on, then, if I’m still thirsty for more but don’t fancy getting into one that’s on the ‘unread’ list I’ll click on ‘view latest topics’ and scroll through for however long, opening up threads in new tabs as I go (typically kept busy enough with ongoing threads, so don’t do this more than once a month, scrolling back through a week’s worth of so, so probably three quarters of new threads completely pass me by unless they stay active and are toward the top the next time I do a trawl), and I might eventually get around to reading them (or semi-reading them) after doing a spot of whatever it was I was supposed to be doing IRL in the first place.

Hence:

And a good chunk of those non-DiS tabs that ought to get bunged in Pocket will have been opened via links posted to DiS.

1 Like

Imagine walking in on someone doing that.

6 Likes

Thought you meant walking in and scoping me and my DiSjointed DiS browsing habits for moment, there.

2 Likes

:rofl: I’m never going to look at a snorkel in the same way again…

2 Likes

I think it’s for when your apartment block is on fire so I guess the person walking in would potentially be a fireman coming to save you. I mean you shouldn’t really need a toilet snorkel in a bungalow unless you enjoy that sort of thing.

1 Like

Not what I was expecting! (I’m not sure what I was expecting tbf).

1 Like

same here. I safely googled on my phone incase it was some sort of odd fetish shit (no pun intended)

2 Likes

That’s exactly why i was worried about googling it while connected to my work VPN :smiley:

1 Like

Even worse but I didn’t like to say.

1 Like

anyone got one of these? @epimer probably has.

I’ve only got the one bum

My word.

3 Likes