ABC Triple J Hottest 100

It’s almost that time of year again, and voting is open right now (Voting closes January 17th).

Look through the selection and try to make sense of why certain songs/artists are particularly popular in Australia. Hell, there are four Wombats songs you can choose from.

Got bored of trying to find artists I knew in there, ended up with this list, which contains 2 tracks from my actual top 10.

The playlist itself will play on Saturday, January 22.

Might seem like a small deal here, but this list is basically used by other radio stations in Australia to sculpt their playlists, and ends up being very influential on the popularity of bands over there. People host parties and such just to listen to the entire playlist countdown.

Hottest 100
  • I care a lot in a positive way
  • I care a little in a positive way
  • I don’t care
  • I care a little in a negative way
  • I care a lot in a negative way
0 voters

Last year’s top 10:
Glass Animals – “Heat Waves”
Spacey Jane – “Booster Seat”
Flume and Toro y Moi – “The Difference”
Ball Park Music – “Cherub”
Tame Impala – “Lost in Yesterday”
Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion – “WAP”
G Flip – “Hyperfine”
The Jungle Giants – “Sending Me Ur Loving”
Hilltop Hoods – “I’m Good?”
Billie Eilish – “Therefore I Am”

Can’t believe The Wiggles won

5 Likes

My daughter fucking loves the Wiggles but try playing this and she says ‘OffOffOffOff’. I would say she has sound taste but she then makes me play Michael Finnegan 15 times in a row.

2 Likes

The full list

2 Likes

Worthy winners imo.

Had a fucking massive drive today, this was very good company. Raised a lot of money for Lifeline too, top work.

1 Like

I prefer this performance of it:

What a world, I prefer this version of The Wiggles covering Tame Impala.

1 Like

Said it before and I’ll say it again, I bloody love the Wiggles

3 Likes

When my kids were young we saw the Wiggles live twice. They were crazy about them.

2 Likes

The number 1 is such an embarrassment, but that’s coming from someone who recognised maybe a dozen songs across the entire 100, so take that as you will. However, I’ll be giving the Olivia Rodrigo album a go off the back of the songs I heard in the countdown.

Surprised that Halsey only had one song.

Ya joking, shoulda been higher!

even Tones and I?

Hm. I must have confused Olivia Rodrigo for something else, because, apart from a song or two, the album is nothing like the songs I heard that prompted me give it a go.

Next up: Rufus du Sol, given that I liked (and half-recognised) the track that came in at No.9: On My Knees. (unless anyone wants to warn me that the rest of the album sounds nothing like it?)