Acaster

acaster’s on wtf this thursday

1 Like

Watched the first half hour of Repertoire in 2017 because my flatmate made me, and I hated it, thought it was shit.

Watched all of Repertoire last week and I thought it was v funny and now I love him.

2 Likes

not sure how many times i’ve watched it all the way though, probably like 4 or 5 now. adore it.

6 Likes

Only watched it once when it came out, time for a rewatch!

very annoyed I didn’t manage to catch him at the Fringe given how big he’s gone/how he’s gone off touring

definitely tried to round friends up to see his last show and didn’t get much interest ffs

Shelled out a tenner for Cold Lasagne I Hate Myself 1999. Very good! Could do without all the Brexit shit, terrible bit, but the rest of it is great. Think I prefer repertoire overall… I actually think I just prefer him saying “Pat Springleaf” over any other joke in the history of standup comedy

No mention of cold lasagne tho, what’s that about then eh?

2 Likes

Part of a bit that he developed in an earlier version of the show that was then cut IIRC

1 Like

Listened to him on the Marc Maron podcast and thought he came across really well. When he got a word in edgewise of course.

Only ever seen the odd short clip with him so no views outside that just reckon the pod is worth a listen.

2 Likes

Every episode of WTF I’ve listened to there’s like a 40 minute bit at the start where he’s wanking on about some guitar he has in his garage and then how good Stamps-dot-com is

Marc Maron’s good tho, I like him

5 Likes

Yeah I always just skip the first 10 + minutes where he does that. Guess it gets all the ads out of the way.

4 Likes

Interesting

2 Likes

Two free tickets to see Acaster and some others in Manchester on Sunday going, lemme know if you want em

1 Like

Cant believe I’ve never heard this before :sweat_smile::ok_hand:t3:

2 Likes

One of my favourite things when that post gets a like out of nowhere :smile:

2 Likes

Wasn’t sure whether to post this in the Deerhoof, clppng or this thread

1 Like

Assume Acaster is drumming?

Or doing a really good Daveed Diggs impression…