Acceptable behaviour in the workplace (poll thread; chat encouraged)

Let’s kick this off: eating hot porridge at your desk:

• Always acceptable
  • Acceptable at breakfast time
  • Never acceptable

0 voters

what’s wrong with eating porridge at your desk??

Wearing socks but no shoes

• Acceptable at all times
  • Acceptable at your desk
  • Not at all acceptable

0 voters

Probably not acceptable during a minutes silence.

4 Likes

The porridge in question has made our small office smell of peanut butter. It’s rank.

(I have a smaller issue with people eating breakfast cereal at work but I will let that one pass).

Farting at a workplace urinal, with a colleague using the adjacent urinal.

• Acceptable
  • Not acceptable
  • Pull my finger

0 voters

Option D: I’m in my own office with the door closed, frankly you’re lucky I’m even wearing trousers.

I’m pretty relaxed about general conduct but shoes off is a big, big no-no for me. Fortunately I’ve never had to manage anyone who’s into it because I’d have to have words about it.

EDIT - If you have your own office like Epimer then do what ever you like within those walls.

Spraying deodorant on yourself at your desk:

• What the actual fuck?
  • Acceptable

0 voters

Dunno why people would be against this

Because some people find it cloying or it makes them sneeze or their eyes water. Put your Lynx Africa on in the bogs.

I’ll swear when chatting privately to colleagues, but I’m not going to call someone a cunt in a meeting or anything.

3 Likes

Whip 'em off!

or, them people can go sneeze in the bogs

who the shitting fuck would think guffing whilst taking a piss is unacceptable ? that’s it. I’m done with DiS. Cunts.

I was on the receiving end of this behaviour not five minutes before making this poll.

Thinking of filing a complaint with HR.

I’d like to clarify my answer: At your desk and with socks/tights on: fine. Walking around the office or with bare feet: definitely not.

1 Like

I don’t use spray deodorants any more so I don’t want your spray near me. Also strong smells are migraine triggers.

Same can be said for anyone spraying aftershave or perfume at their desk. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING
Aftershave is also so vile

3 Likes

But you’re suspicious of food in cans. :wink:

1 Like

Well this is then a ‘smelly food’ question. I don’t find porridge that pungent. On the scale of smelly hot foods in the office it’s way below fishy stuff or meaty stuff.