Acceptable start and finish times for DIY at home

I can’t quite afford to get fired, sorry.

Apology accepted

4 Likes

I was thinking about running outside and around to their door, kicking it in and pulling the drill out of their hand and taking it with me (unplugging of course, though if I didn’t and pulled hard, it might have pulled some of the wall away, which would have been amusing)

Boy do I wish I could though.

1 Like

Wait so you’re up and eating your children’s breakfast and you’re still complaining?! Madness

1 Like

Don’t think she has any

1 Like

shouldn’t be earlier than 8.30. chill out guys & be in less of a hurry to put up that shelf

1 Like

I think everyone wants to put shelves up though, if the queues at Ikea are anything to go by. It’s like it’s the one thing everyone is so desperate to do, acceptable start times be damned!

Builders start at 8am, because otherwise they wouldn’t be able to fit in the two long breakfasts before lunchtime.

1 Like

I would never change my answer!

We should share our sleep status with neighbours so if you’re asleep at 11am they have to wait etc

2 Likes

Synchronise early drilling with early loud shagging.

3 Likes

That’s a gr8 :eye: :deer:

1 Like

Or they should just know when we’ve been awake for half hour, cos sometimes you need to sleep in

As always, feel bad for people that work nights when you think about this stuff

3 Likes

You should tell your neighbours about this idea and see if they go for it. You could probably hack a Fitbit or something and get them all to beam out if you’re asleep or not

1 Like

Correct answer is 8am - 7pm.

Anyone saying later than 7pm clearly hasn’t had kids, no offence

1 Like

I put some up yesterday. Probably about 20 awful, extremely loud holes to drill. Between the hours of 1pm and 6pm!

2 Likes

Voted for 24 hour DIY :+1: :hammer_and_wrench:

3 Likes

Your inanimate friend seems a bit anxious.

Screenshot 2020-06-18 at 10.00.15

6 Likes