Acceptable substitutes for washing-up liquid

Soap? Bubble bath?? Let’s see who would go furthest.

A very slightly different type of Fairy to usual. That’s it.

2 Likes

dishwasher

2 Likes

Saliva

2 Likes

More water.

Thoughts & prayers.

2 Likes

leaving it until you pop to the shop

1 Like

Looking forward to January 1st when the Thread Box gets refilled and we can get some good new threads again safety :wink:

4 Likes

Laundry liquid or powder (rinse well)

I use castille soap sometimes

Dr Bronner’s? I love that stuff, seems to get things super clean

Cum

2 Likes

Hot chocolate

My old housemate used empty lynx Africa shower gel topped up with water and kitchen cleaner spray to do dishes. Fuck that guy

10 Likes

How is this less effort than just buying some washing up liquid

2 Likes

Yeah, not that keen on it to wash dishes, or clothes either but I make my household spray from it and it lasts forever. Just a tiny bit with water (and I usually put a bit of white vinegar in that’s had all my old bits of lemon skin in it)

Still can’t settle on a scent though, really like the almond but it was maybe too much for cleaning plus I have a kid in my. childcare bubble over every week and he’s allergic to nuts so worry he’ll be allergic to my whole house. Hate the rose, like the orange, yet to try the peppermint. Which do you go for?

I honestly have no idea. His family were millionaires and he now regularly posts insta stories dicking about in a gulf state. I really hated that guy

2 Likes

Did anyone else’s house water down washing up liquid when they were a kid? We had a spare bottle which we used to put some in and top it up with water.

We’d only buy Fairy, though, so didn’t really make sense. Nobody was sensitive to any of the ingredients or owt, it was just to save about 25p a month.

(Whilst we’re on cleaning products the pink stuff has quite literally changed my sad little life (Jane). Only issue for me is packaging but the paste is in a big enough tub and lasts long enough that I think it’s ok. £1 for all the (natural) cleaning joy in the world. My mum was right to champion Stardrops, who made it, so loyally all these years)

1 Like

I like orange too, but my go-to has always been lavender. Blooming love lavender.