Action Films

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Post-apocalyptic nomadic swordfighting Swayze > bouncer at a rough bar Swayze

1 Like

BUT!!! Slicked up swayze doing tai chi yoinking a manā€™s throat out with his bare hands!!!

Alsoā€¦ I have not seen Steel Dawn :blush:

Haha fair enough. A slicked up Swayze does not appeal to me personally but each to their own. Canā€™t really argue about faves in an action films thread like :grinning:

Are you not human? How does that NOT appeal!?!

Numerous reasons probably. My deep hatred of Dirty Dancing probably doesnā€™t help :rofl:

1 Like
  1. Crank
  2. Predators 2
  3. The Raid
  4. District 13
  5. Collateral

Whatā€™s that other film where someone is all lubed up with a sword? Like in their hotel room? I thought it was highlander but he doesnā€™t appear to be naked! What am I thinking of? I might be mixing things up.

Another vote for the Raid, Dredd, the Bournes, Terminator 1&2, Die Hard 1&3, Under Siege, and so on. Donā€™t think thereā€™s a bad one been mentioned.

I would also like to mention the Warriors and Assault on Precinct 13 for some super 70s action.

1 Like

Old man Sam Elliot with glorious hair laying the smackdown on goons says NO

I hope thatā€™s innuendo haha. The Kurgan definitely has the sword out in his hotel room waheeyy! Not too sure what else it could be. The assassin robot in Robocop 3 as a wild outside guess?

Not sure if anyones said it yet but Universal Soldier is pretty great.

1 Like

No, I donā€™t think soā€¦ Hmmā€¦ Iā€™ll get back to you!

1 Like

Early draft of Terminator script lacked punch.

7 Likes

Escape from New York
Dredd
The Raid
Die Hard
Terminator 2

Crank at the cinema with a pissed-up, rowdy crowd in Streatham was one of the greatest cinematic experiences of my life.

Road house, good shout Witches :+1:

1 Like

Dunno, but NOW Iā€™m thinking of Colonel Stuart in Die Hard 2 practicing his moves (sans sword, sadly) all naked in a hotel room

Thanks Lopes, excellent taste as always :wink:

1 Like

Jason Streatham

4 Likes