Active bands that we're way overdue an album from

Thank you! Good to know. I’d love to see them live again*, been ages since I last saw them play (at the Leadmill here in Sheffield).

• would love to see pretty much anyone live again, come to think of it.
1 Like

Brilliant. Both of them, in different ways. This has set me off down a huge BoC wormhole as of last night. Currently playing through their entire output as appearing on Spotify. Just finishing up on MHTRTC, so Geodaddy (:)) next up. Sooooo good.

Funny thing when I paused to take a call this evening. Happened to glance at my Apple Watch and it showed I had burned 666 calories so far today. Well, it just had to didn’t it …

So, thanks a heap @OrangeMouse. Been a good 24 hours …

2 Likes

They seem to have been dropping some very very very (and I mean very) obscure suggestions that there might be something on the horizon

3 Likes

Think this turned out to be the new Autechre

1 Like

Didn’t realise they’d already been addressed lol

1 Like

your wish is my command

1 Like

regret not seeing them live

Been like 10 years since the last Erykah Badu album. Not on at all

1 Like

She recently turned up at a Marc Rebillet gig (pregnant, so there’s a possible answer) and did some improv jamming with him which was equally awkward and endearing:

1 Like

Every Time I Die have an album recorded and mixed by all accounts. Guess they’re waiting to be able to tour it, which makes sense.

Anyone know Aussie band Howling Bells? Their last one was 2014. Singer Juanita Stein has released 3 solos since, she literally had the drummer and also the guitarist from Howling Bells (who happens to be her brother) playing live with her from her new album so it’s not like they aren’t together.

1 Like

Surprised no-one has said Sun Kil Moon. I need a 130 minute album on Mark’s Covid year.

the sundays :anguished:

3 Likes

2 albums in 15 years though.

#makeuthink

2 Likes

Given that Kozelek was outed as a horrific abuser; I’m not.

6 Likes

also what’s Katy B up to?

She’s recording a new one at the moment.

1 Like

Ty Segall

Marnie Stern

3 Likes

Midlake?

1 Like