Active bands that we're way overdue an album from

Todd Terje is a great shout. You know we’ll be getting the goods when it’s album time again, though.

5 Likes

The Kayas, we’ve all been waiting lads.

10 Likes

The Horrors. Their last album V was in 2017

Aphex Twin. Last full length album was Syro in 2014

Boards of Canada last album was Tomorrow’s Harvest in 2013

Fuck Buttons. Don’t know if they plan on working together again but last album was Slow Focus in 2013

Portishead. Obviously

Daft Punk. Random Access memories was 2013

Meilyr Jones I loved his album 2013 which came out in 2016

Goldfrapp - last album silver eye was in 2017

3 Likes

Would LOVE a SFA album!

5 Likes

Goat

Can we have Grinderman 3 please?

1 Like

The Knife. A reunion and album would be amazing!

1 Like

Shellac.

if they stick with their recent ‘album every 7 years’ pattern then might be due next year.

(accidental reply to @Brainfreeze)

5 Likes

though somewhat seriously they have been teasing that mars volta reunion for a fair few years at this point

1 Like

are Ulrika Spacek still going? released the first two albums very quickly but they’ve slowed down a lot since

What’s happened with Yeah Yeah Yeahs?

Would love a new TVOTR. Just did a search for Slowdive as they’ve been a little quiet and just seen there’s a new one coming! (possibly old news)

4 Likes

Karen O and Nick Zinner hating each other probably makes things difficult I guess

1 Like

Not in the ‘way overdue’ category, but I wonder if we’ll get a new Low album in the next 6 months or so. They’re clearly still writing songs if the lockdown Instagram shows were anything to go by.

2 Likes

Limp Bizkit.

1 Like

Parquet Courts

They’ve been working with Rodiah McDonald before lockdown.

Wonder if Sampha is working on anything.

1 Like

Sisters Of Mercy…

[Thunderbirds-laughing-gif]

2 Likes

Slowdive are recording as we speak. Posted a few clips on their instagram… Very excited for this!

3 Likes

Title Fight. Loved their last one, just missed seeing them live but that was all five years ago. Last activity looks like 2018 but they haven’t split up as far as I can tell.

1 Like

Stars of the Lid. They pop up for gigs every so often, or appear on music websites saying they’re still sharing ideas, but they haven’t released an album in the 13 year period I’ve been a fan. I kind of wish they’d just get on with crushing my hopes and confirm nothing new is coming tbh.

8 Likes