Active bands that we're way overdue an album from

Think so?

Studio albums

I mean it’s only been 2 years, although at the rate she was going, 2, 4, 6: next album should be due in 2026! :smiley:

(Wanderer was okay, felt like a sort of You Are Free Part 2 record to me but didn’t quite hit as hard.)

Yeah I didn’t word that great, more that I don’t think she has any urgency to put music out. Apparently she had a couple of albums worth of material completed before the songs that made up Wanderer so she obviously writes a lot more than her output would suggest.

I’m a bit weird when it comes to Cat Power in that I just kind of love everything she does.

3 Likes

The Cure

2 Likes

Errors. Think they’re done, sadly. Last LP was 2015

6 Likes

That’s why it’s so great!

1 Like

Yeah, was amazing

Oh, fuck, ima have to read the GENERAL NEW RELEASE. SPECULATION topic ain’t i

1 Like

No issues with people loving artists :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

…I’ll pm you.

1 Like

(Can’t seem to PM so will post here… apologies in advance everyone)

If you want to save yourself a whole lot of trawling… this is the most concrete thing really:

Hell Interface channel (confirmed legit, was used in Tomorrow’s Harvest ARG) recently changed their banner to a version of the Pioneer Plaquewith the man holding the turquoise hexagon sun there. It’s… not much, but it’s a completely new image from them, so it’s probably something, if only a “we’re still here”.

Then there’s this page from Warp’s distribution partner in Japan https://www.beatink.com/user_data/warp2020.php which has a cryptic load of question marks under the last section of the upcoming releases. Cue wild Twoism speculation.

The adult swim thing was this [adult swim] on Instagram: "Feeling bad can feel good.", which really could be any number of artists, or just some random aimless vid. But people are connecting it to the pioneer plaque thing, as the last transmission irl was Jan 22nd or something, so they’re thinking that’s the release date. Other than that, there has been the odd fan video linked on Instagram, and lots of likes on Twitter on stuff like “PLEASE LET US KNOW IF NEW MUSIC IS COMING”, which, yknow, could be a good sign, could just be a bored intern. So they’re feeding on scraps over there really, as ever, but I dunno. Just feels imminent to me.

@escutcheon replied to myself by mistake

2 Likes

That Warp poster is very nice.

3 Likes

that image is nice

this is probably nothing :smiley: haha

what ever this is, i love the synth sounds. very BoCesque, mind you, but anyone can do that these days.

interesting. seems a lot more concrete than the previous numerical shuffling based on what video was in which order on the fucking youtube playlist! haha

1 Like

Lorde
Circuit des Yeux
Susanne Sundfor
Jazmine Sullivan, think there’s an EP soon though
not sure how active they are but The Clientele
Makthaverskan

1 Like

Dunno how active they are right now, but I’d love a new Vaselines album. I was so happy when they re-formed the first time and even happier when they put out new stuff. Been six years since V for Vaselines so if Eugene and Frances are still getting on, a new record woulld be very welcome indeed.

They played in Edinburgh at some point last year. I think they do at least an annual show here, although not this year for obvious reasons!

Thank you! Good to know. I’d love to see them live again*, been ages since I last saw them play (at the Leadmill here in Sheffield).

• would love to see pretty much anyone live again, come to think of it.
1 Like

Brilliant. Both of them, in different ways. This has set me off down a huge BoC wormhole as of last night. Currently playing through their entire output as appearing on Spotify. Just finishing up on MHTRTC, so Geodaddy (:)) next up. Sooooo good.

Funny thing when I paused to take a call this evening. Happened to glance at my Apple Watch and it showed I had burned 666 calories so far today. Well, it just had to didn’t it …

So, thanks a heap @OrangeMouse. Been a good 24 hours …

2 Likes

They seem to have been dropping some very very very (and I mean very) obscure suggestions that there might be something on the horizon

3 Likes

Think this turned out to be the new Autechre

1 Like

Didn’t realise they’d already been addressed lol

1 Like

your wish is my command

1 Like