Actors that turn up in odd/unusual roles

It’s the oddest thing. FGTH do a version of Relax, on the premise that they are recording a music video iirc. Reminded me of the bit that used to happen in The Young Ones when there would be a musical interlude and Madness (or whoever) would be in the kitchen singing their latest track

Remember Culkin in the Sunday video being a massive deal at the time, mainly as no one had seen much of him since Richie Rich and then THIS:

2 Likes

Watched Smiley’s People a while back and that has some weird cameos including Maureen Lipman, Ingrid Pitt out of the Hammer Horror films and the guy who plays the poacher in Withnail and I. Also brilliant that Alec Guinness’ arch-enemy is played by Patrick Stewart!

The guy who plays Arthur dent on the TV and radio versions of the hitchhikers guide is in Miracle on 34th St

3 Likes
1 Like

Matt Damon randomly showing up in Unsane for about 10 minutes was a bit strange.

1 Like

5 Likes

Tony from Hollyoaks in a Mike and the Mechanics video

2 Likes

Is it common knowledge that the actress that plays Susan Kennedy is from Northern Ireland?

That’s Boon, pal.

I didn’t know that roasty but I’m no neighbours expert.

1 Like

Danny Dyer in a Mansun video

3 Likes

Still freaks my nut out to this day

6 Likes

Bruce Forsyth as a knife-weilding henchman in Bedknobs and Broomsticks

never got used to seeing hollyoaks as the main character in ‘american gods’

1 Like

He’s been in loads of stuff though. Lost, 24, one of those Captain America films…

2 Likes

Actually his IMDB page show off his range rather well. He’s played roles as diverse as Ian Beale, Ian, Ian Beale (uncredited) and Ian/Ian Beale.

Nah. the guy who played the Green cross code man was the body actor for Darth Vader, JEJ only did the voice. David Prowse is his name. He came to our school when I was a nipper :slight_smile: