Adult education courses

Your General Studies classes were way better resourced than ours.

3 Likes

Think I had to pay for the components (comprehensive school). The metalwork teacher was a bit of an electronics nerd so he encouraged us.

Unfortunately, it is very unlikely this course will be running. We have no one booked on it and is planned to start next week.

MAYBE BECAUSE YOU HAVEN’T PUT ANY DETAILS ABOUT THE COURSE IN THE PROSPECTUS OR ON THE WEBSITE OTHER THAN THE FACT THAT IT EXISTS AND IT’S TAKEN ME TWO EMAILS AND A VOICEMAIL TO GET EVEN THIS RESPONSE???

1 Like

Sake. I’ll see if there are any places left on the one cookery course on offer: Poultry and Game Masterclass

1 Like

I’ve done loads of random courses over the years. Lasting from a single term to one academic year. Mainly with universities with an extra-mural dept. I recommend it. Should start again.

Media Studies
Arthurian Legends
C++ Programming
Fashion Design
Writing Film Scripts
French
English Lit
Feature Writing for Magazines
Piano for Beginners

I have paraphrased this response in our self assessment forms at work - we ask marketing to advertise our courses and they either don’t or do it wrong, and then we have to explain why we can’t recruit enough students for courses to run.

1 Like

I’m doing a free project management course online because I realised recently (in the last few days really) that I’m actually pretty into the methodologies and stuff. Don’t have the wedge to do anything I need to pay for, but at least I’ll be able to chat a good Gantt chart by the time I’m done. Can you put random shit internet diplomas on your CV?

Although I never went on one, I tell every person who I train at work to go on an excel course cos the amount of time you can save it mental.

No-ones taken me up on that yet.

I’ve signed up for a carpentry course in March (although through a college) - got my eye on a shed and getting my grandads old hardware for it, so while I can do most of the things I’d imagine, there’ll be loads of bad habits I’ve picked up and good practice I don’t have