Advent Calendars

You can pull anything off that you put your mind to!

1 Like

I liked the Bill Gates one, I don’t really know who George Forby (Fornby?) is to be honest.

It’s Formby. If you’re going to derail my thread with those clunkers at least get it right.

1 Like

This is ours, made by my mum:

5 Likes

What am I looking at here?

1 Like

And what’s wrong with one with just a little pictures of the nativity eh? You people make me sick.

It’s a quilted advent calendar with little pockets for chocolates.

2 Likes

To be frank I’m surprised that Artisan du Chocolat haven’t added “we’re a bit steep” to their shop name.

The Couture boxes are a stock Christmas/birthday present for Mrs F. She manages to make them last months sometimes.

Ah that’s nice.

Was £25 on Monday, missed the boat didn’t I.

It is, isn’t it?

It is, seems advent calendars brings out the best in people (excluding xylo).

I heard something on radio playing in the background recently from a person who had written a history of advent calendars that chocolate/sweet advent calendars actually pre-date cardboard ones. I am using this as justification enough for daily morsels of chocolate.

The puzzle/game on the back is really where it is at though, always minorly miffed if it is something lame to cut out instead.

• Standard shop bought chocolate
  • Religious windows (no choc)
  • Beer
  • Homemade something
  • Not on adventbook

0 voters

Voted chocolate but really me and my gf get each other one and I’ll eat maybe 3 of the 48 total chocolates. Not a big sweet tooth

i can’t eat chocolate, but i deal with confectionery at work so i got an advent calender for my boyfriend back in august when all the christmas samlples were finished with. he hasn’t yet stopped taking the piss out of me for giving him an advent calendar in august.

i got him another one last week and even that he thought was too early. i don’t really think late november is too early for an advent calendar!

XOwSOdYRYwWV

11 Likes

Accidentally left a Dairy Milk one at home last weekend.
25 chocolates to come home to I guess.

Would spend £40 on that I think.

Have spent $3 on the chocolate advent calendar for my daughter. I would have bought the Paw Patrol one but no Skye or Everest on it and she’d have been upset, so it’s just generic Father Christmas.

She also has a Mog one where you get a sticker to add to the scene ever day that was sent here by her granny but obviously no chocolates hence the the $3 addition.

no you wouldn’t