New River Sport & Fitness Centre
White Hart Lane
Another football thread I hear you say? Don’t we have enough? Well, this is one with a difference: here you get the chance to actually play the beautiful game, instead of slouching in front of the telly or arguing about Man Utd formations on the Internet.
The good people of AFC Muswell Hill’s second team have invited us for a friendly pre-season warm-up game. They describe themselves as “a really friendly team of average ability, who mainly play for the love of the game”. Pretty much the same attitude we have here at Drowned In Sound FC.
As always with international friendlies, we’ll have a proper FA referee, so bring your shinpads and practice those throw-ins.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf 3G pitch
- changing rooms with shower and toilet facilities are available
- 15 min walk from Wood Green tube station (Piccadilly line)
- arrive at 12:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 1 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- shirt colour RED (official DiS shirt if you have one, a handful spares are available)
- final team will be announced on the Thursday before the game
- £6.50 per player will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in a pub (the Muswell Hill guys will be our guides)
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection. Applications from specialists (i.e. goalkeepers) will be viewed favourably.