Afghan Whigs

What to people think?

Did something happen to his health since Do To The Beast? He sounds like he’s got some throat issues or something?

Listened to it a couple of times and it was enjoyable but nothing really jumped out. To the extent that I couldn’t even hum you a bar of any track.

Still looking forward to seeing them again in August. Especially now I see Ed Harcourt is supporting…

I think it’s fine but it’s shaping up to be my least favorite album of theirs / his. There seems to be something missing this time around.

1 Like

This is slightly off topic and probably a long shot, but this is probably the place to ask. A few years ago I listened to some indie rock album and the chorus for the last song was nearly identical to the “Miles Iz Ded” chorus (the music, not the vocals - there may not have even been vocals over it in this other song). Does anyone know what album I’m talking about? I heard it exactly once and have never been able to find it again.

Anyone know if this is the Do To The Beast CD?

I’ve no idea as I don’t buy physical anymore

It is!

1 Like

Thought I would share a video I shot of “Faded” live last summer at a tiny club called The Social in Orlando. Sound quality is pretty damn good as I’m close to stage. They closed the show on this-

3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

“ But later this week, Dulli will take a big plunge and release his first-ever full solo album.”

Pretty sure he’s already a solo album out under his own name, right?

Dulli himself doesn’t count it.

https://twitter.com/MrGregDulli/status/1201993026383613953

2 Likes

Dulli’s so fucking cool man, he can do this kind of southern gothic noir stuff in his sleep.

Finally!

7 Likes

That’s exciting, look forward to checking out!

In a strange way it sounds like early monster magnet.

1 Like

This is great! I like heavy Whigs, more please!

3 Likes

Going to wait for the album to come out to listen, but

I’m even more excited for this now.

Imagining a Greg Dulli - Dave Wyndorf collaboration and feeling cheated by the world.

2 Likes

this turned up on my musicharbor today, no idea of its provenance

https://music.apple.com/gb/album/absolution-live-1994/1611206852

I already have a lot of live Whigs via allbootsdulli.com, but I’m going to check it out. Right now, as a matter of fact.