Afternoon Tea

I love when they refill it (the cakes and sandwiches)

I’ve done the Ritz which was as expensive as it gets.

I’d really recommend Cup Tea Lounge on Renfield Street - definitely the best of all the ones I’ve been to and good gin cocktails.

1 Like

Every now and then i’ll make cucumber butties with the crusts cut off and a big pot of tea.

Occasionally i’ll go to M&S and get some nice scones or bakewell tarts and double cream.

Normally just me, like.

3 Likes

i mean i just love eating a lot and also being waited on hand and foot so afternoon tea = great :+1:

Ahm in

Ahm oot, deeply embarrassing

1 Like

who doesn’t want a constant stream of tea, sandwiches and cakes brought to them???

2 Likes

I can get my own, thanks.

1 Like

you have too much energy

I really don’t

Everyone come to Oxford and I will serve you all afternoon tea in my house. I even have china cake stands.

5 Likes

i’m having a cup of tea with three biscuits right now if that info is of any use to you

how expensive are these expensive afternoon teas?

Like £50 a head?

Rekon I can feel a new national afternoon tea franchise coming on

When I went on a german exchange at school the family I was with were well into Cafe und Kuchen - like every day

This has blatantly been mentioned a million times already but I came here just to say -

Bettys :blush: It was so good.

Cheapest was about £20 most expensive about £70?

Thinking about it I doubt I’d do it again. For that money I’d rather just sit in the pub.
It’s a nice day out for yer nan or something. :wink:

Well I was thinking about a nice gift for your mum or tv - not something to do with your ATDs :smiley:

something you take your mum to for her birthday or whatever. not something to be enjoyed.

They are good but just at a shit time. Am I having lunch, do I have to skip dinner now? Do I go up to four full meals? I mean I am greedy but it’s tough because a tea is a full gorging. I mean sandwiches, scones and cakes? Ridiculous.

WHAT IS NOT TO ENJOY ABOUT LITTLE SANDWICHES AND SCONES AND CAKES YOU WEIRDOS

3 Likes

My mum thinks they’re a waste of money, COs she can throw together loads of sandwiches and better cakes and it would cost a fraction.
Tv, nope.

2 Likes