Aggressive sounding indie rock

I’ll get made fun of this but whatever. Looking for songs/albums that sound like the songs below, fast paced and not sentimental or dreamy in any way but not exactly heavy metal or punk.

Stuff like Modern Way of Letting Go by Idlewild, Film Maker by The Cooper Temple Clause, I Wish I Was Somone Better by Blood Red Shoes, Backwaters by Drenge, Giant Peach by Wolf Alice, The View From The Afternoon, Revolt III by kent, Berlin by BRMC, Wow by Snow Patrol, Low Happening by Howling Bells, Empire by Kasabian, Yes by Manic Street Preachers, Walking Dead by Puressence, Is It Any Wonder by Keane, etc.

1 Like

I don’t know all of those songs but I think I get the sense of what you might be looking for. The first thing that came to mind was Burning Brides - their debut Fall of the Plastic Empire is especially great and full of songs that seem to fit, I’d listen to the whole thing but here are a few standouts:

Their follow up Leave No Ashes branches out a bit more in both directions, with some of it going even more aggressive and some of it being a bit more in the spirit of BRMC / Oasis.

This one may not totally fit but the bridge is their best and most aggressive moment:

The third album Hang Love has a similar split but also is a bit more focused. Lots of great riffs stacked on top of each other.

1 Like
10 Likes
4 Likes

Looks like you might like some Distophia. Both really tuneful, a bit ramshackle and LOUD.

Love a bit of Calories too, featuring many of the same members.

And a quick bit of Dananananaykroyd, who did get properly heavy at times as well as very twee.

5 Likes

Not sure you can get any more aggressive than that Keane song

9 Likes
9 Likes
5 Likes

Maybe The Thermals?

1 Like

That’s the best Strokes song not by the Strokes you’re talking about there! I always think it would sound great if the covered it (plus it’s seared into my brain thanks to whatever edition of Madden it was used in)

Not saying its a bad song but it is absolutely bot aggressive!

1 Like

Oh no it’s definitely not, I just wanted to air my Strokes theory soz

2 Likes

3 Likes
9 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Who knew this had an awesome video?!

1 Like

I don’t think I have heard any of the songs you list and I don’t think I know any songs as aggressive as Keane, but from your description of what you want the first thing that came to mind was Husker Du

4 Likes

Does the thread title make anyone else hear it to the opening from

https://youtu.be/uTqS7AZ-Z4U

Work…