Ah Ha! Everything Everything nominated for the MercuryPrize 2018

He’s got your number.

1 Like

That number is the number 2, by the way.

6 Likes

Wow is that supposed to hurt my feelings?

My mother-in-law smashed one of the 4 Everything Everything album cover coasters I hand-painted at the TV’s 30th birthday pottery painting sesh. She offered to replace it and I said it was no bother. Didn’t have the heart to tell her it was the only visual art I’ve ever felt proud of :sob:

2 Likes

Wow. It looks like you could use some help from your “Hardship Fund”.

O K A Y
B U D D Y
:+1:

I’m just upset that you said Danny Dyer used to be cute.

No seriously he was really hot at one time. His accent makes me hard.

Giggling

You having fun, pal?

3 Likes

weird how there’s this view that British music is the best in the world isn’t it?

1 Like

I need to get back into Everything Everything, I think. Loved the first album; loved at least half of the second album as well.

Get To Heaven is my album of the decade. Latest one is pretty much perfect as well.

2 Likes

I think the many complaints at this years Mercury prize list is that ignores the thriving, creative, music that has been made this year. In favour of has beens or indie rock bands. Its not that english music is in a bad place, its that you would think it is looking at the list.

It does seem that the big problem with a lot of the UK music press is an obsession with the idea of “hot new bands” and “discoveries” to the detriment of actually following or supporting the music beyond that early stage. We can see that in the fact that DiS strives to not be that.

1 Like

Well when was the last time a non British act won the prestigious Mercury Prize, eh?

1 Like

Yer opinion-splitting falsetto man knows where it’s at

2 Likes

don’t know actually!

Is this a trick question?

yes

:wink:

1 Like

I Am a Bird Now? (controversh)