Album of the year 2017 [so far]

it’ll be kendrick, oxbow or WITTR tbh

You should watch the video of him doing Them Changes on Jools Holland. I’m still not won over by the album, but that was really good and made me appreciate him a bit more.

2 Likes

Did you like Ex-Eye?

nah sounded exactly like Liturgy who i’m not very fond of

1 Like

You freakin’ weirdo.

I did once try to watch Wolves in the Throne Room at ATP but I had my earplugs in and I was tired so I think I slept through most of it.

didn’t mind liturgy’s first album but they got so ridiculous.

i love WITTR but a big part of the appeal was randall dunn’s production too, he seem to raise them from being just an awesome USBM band into creating these awesome conceptual epics. the new one has been self-recorded and sounds good so far but it’s definitely much more earthly than their last three albums.

I listened to one of the tracks on their Bandcamp (the 3rd track as it was the default) and I quite enjoyed it. I’ll see when the album comes out.

New album is amazing

Have never heard of him/them before. Just listening to a couple of tracks (Freakshow and Immigrant Boogie) and they’re pretty decent.

He’s good. I don’t know if this is his best? It’s got a similar feel to his last one, Shedding Skin, so I think he’s kept the ‘band dynamic’ from that.

The first two albums are more varied in styles. My only real complaint with his second album (Some Say I…) is it seems a bit on the long side for me.

DEAFCULT!

1 Like

Album of the year for me was Moonlandingz. It shouldn’t work but it’s a krautrock, glam rock masterpiece.

Living Arrangements by Color Film

Mozzy - 1 Up Top Ahk
mozzy1uptop

Reckon it’ll be top 5 end of year for me. It’s stellar.

1 Like

Big Thief for me. Nothing has come close.

In terms of re-issue it has to be the Lift to experience LP. Texas indie rock opera thing I can’t stop playing!

2 Likes

Don’t really get the appeal of the Mt Eerie. For one the subject matter and the detail he goes into is too much for me, but i actually dont think many of the songs are particularly good anyway.

1 Like

Aww pictures are definitely a funner way of listing bands you like than just writing them down

510a7f74926114970f6e52b7bea7ffad

I think this has been a really really strong year, there’s enough albums I love for me to go for a top 25 and still feel like I’ve not got enough room for all the essential ones.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve really got into Lift To Experience, got to big up Drowned In Sound and Green Man for introducing me to that record. I was already aware of Josh T Pearson but didn’t know too much about him, really surprised to hear the Texas Jerusalem Crossroads, it’s a masterpiece. Still very peeved that I was on a shift at Green Man when they signed the record, would’ve loved to pick up a signed copy.

You’re welcome