Albums Everyone Can’t Stand that You Love

Feel like that other thread needs a more positive counterpoint.

6 Likes

Libertines - can’t stand me now: the album

Don’t know if it counts but I really like quite a few tracks on St Anger. Is this the sort of thing you were after?

2 Likes

image k

I feel like this is a great example!

Wouldnt say love but first Pigeon Detectives album has some just good pop

2 Likes

Interpol - Our Love To Admire

6 Likes
1 Like

“Can’t Stand” might be too harsh for this one, but I can’t think of anyone having said anything positive (or not negative) about Trail of the Dead’s IX. As is the case with a lot of the albums that are going to appear in this thread, if you divorce it from your expectations of the band and view it for what it is, it’s enjoyable.

3 Likes

The other day I checked rateyourmusic on A Place to Bury Strangers, and I was shocked to see the new album rated so lowly. I guess people hate this? No idea why. I think it’s an easy top ten candidate, and had it been released in a less deep year an easy top five. Excellent start to finish.

1 Like

‘Little Kix’ by Mansun.

I wouldn’t say i love it, but i do enjoy it a lot.

1 Like

The Fountain by Echo & the Bunnymen. For me, it’s their best album by a mile.

Shameless by Therapy? is I think, universally disliked (even by the band) but I happen to really like it and it’s oddness, plus it’s a silly punk rock record, so that appeals to me.

I’ve got a lot of time for most of their LPs to be fair even though critics like to tear into them:

6 Likes

Quite like Make Believe

1 Like

I’ve only heard ‘I Think I Need it Too’ from that album, i must check out the rest.

People seem to not think well of Random Access Memories by Daft Punk, but its a flat out masterpiece to my ears.

Also, if I was going to put on an Oasis album, itd be Be Here Now.

3 Likes

It seems as if everyone hates At War with the Mystics by The Flaming Lips, which I don’t really get. It’s a great album and one of the few best of 2006.

7 Likes

Yep, me too. I think So Divided is the only one of theirs I don’t tend to revisit and even then I didn’t hate it I just think it’s a lot weaker than their others. I have IX on blue vinyl and although it’s definitely not up there with their best I still enjoy it.

And it has the definitive version of Gold Heart Mountain Top Queen Directory on it.