Albums of the Decade

3 Likes
  • I’m doing my albums by choosing my favourite from each year (roughly)
  • I’m an anarchist and might have 5 albums from one year you can’t stop me

0 voters

2010/11 in retrospect are far, far, far too good to ignore

Funny, it’s 16 and 18 for me that stand out

1 Like

I had a list of my top 10 for each year so I just added them all into a spreadsheet and assigned some arbitrary numbers based on how much I’d actually listened to them since

Which isn’t very scientific because there are albums I discovered after the the year that aren’t in those lists but trying to just pick 10 is a mug’s game anyway, eh?

gorilla vs bear are 1st out of the traps

Omg the STATE of this

2 Likes

That’s impressive. One ep I like on that list.

1 Like

Aww I remember gorilla vs bear.

Rival Dealer is excellent. Up there with the best EP’s of the decade for sure

2 Likes

Ah yes, Grimes there with the best album of the decade

1 Like

That list has some cracking stuff on it and some bizarre selections. Those Yaeji EPs? Christ.

1 Like

Where’s cokemachineglow and the stylus when you need them…

I think Lana Del Rey’s album from TWO WEEKS AGO is the biggest atrocity here but there’s a lot going on tbh

3 Likes

It’s amazing, but it’s not an ‘album’ is it? I know iTunes randomly calls things ‘albums’ but that’s no reason for us to join in.

Its pretty good though…if you’re claiming grimes’ “hipster aqua” jams are the best album of the decade then I can see how NFR ended up on the list

Not necessarily against it being on the list but SIXTH BEST RECORD OF THE DECADE?! Calm down lads

1 Like

Yeah, not an album. EP’s are still charted and included in some website end of year lists, although I think there would be uproar if they snuck into the lists on here.

Someone’s got to keep society together

3 Likes

Think I can do AOTD for 60s, 70s & 80s without too much angst but 90s onwards just too much music to choose from. Not sure I even have 20 albums released in the 50s.